Moving back to AK, Shipping Firearms Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
    Interesting quotes. It cost me $63 from Ga to AK and that was double gun cases. I could have skipped the cases and gone with boxes. That was priority and insurance. At the same time, I had one gun and pelican case that cost me $93. Key is finding that. Alance between weight and size.

Of course 100 guns can get pricey. I know my drive from GA to AL this summer was $4k, but that was also with $1k in hotel fees. Camping would have saved some money.
    Yeah, I was disgusted with the costs. That's California to AK, and coming from California is probably the reason for the prices, they love firearms down there. If it was that sixty or so bucks quote you got, I'd go for it.

I'd be willing to drive them up again, last trip up in October was a bit over $2600 for travel costs, which isn't too bad. But unfortunately with the number and type of guns I have, along with the amount of ammo, it really makes it worthwhile to just do a shipping container and bypass Canada completely. Add in I'm moving a shop that'll fill the rest of the conex....yeah, cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by czechsix View Post
      Yeah, I was disgusted with the costs. That's California to AK, and coming from California is probably the reason for the prices, they love firearms down there. If it was that sixty or so bucks quote you got, I'd go for it.

I'd be willing to drive them up again, last trip up in October was a bit over $2600 for travel costs, which isn't too bad. But unfortunately with the number and type of guns I have, along with the amount of ammo, it really makes it worthwhile to just do a shipping container and bypass Canada completely. Add in I'm moving a shop that'll fill the rest of the conex....yeah, cheaper.
      that barge rate can be totally worth it. Especially since they will fit inside a container.

Comment

Originally posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
        that barge rate can be totally worth it. Especially since they will fit inside a container.
        I'm hoping it is.

I'll be getting quotes, just for grins and if anyone else winds up in the same boat I'll post up what I find.

Comment

Originally posted by czechsix View Post
          I'm hoping it is.

I'll be getting quotes, just for grins and if anyone else winds up in the same boat I'll post up what I find.
          we found Alaska marine line or Alaska logistics to be best price. That was 4 years ago though.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X