• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the man said, welcome home!
    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

Comment

Originally posted by tboehm View Post
      Well, been pretty busy but we made it Wednesday afternoon. Sorry for the long lapse. The 390 miles from Whitehorse to Tok was without a doubt the worse of the whole trip!! It took 10 1/2 hours!! From Whitehorse to the Canadian line was the worst of it. We spent the night in Tok at the Golden Bear. It was a place to lay the head but their beds are awful. We thought that we were out of the woods but as true to forum help you guys were right about the section after TOk as well about 25 miles after and for about 20 to 30 miles there were a lot of flags to slow down for and we did. The good Lord kept us safe all the way into anchorage about 4 pm. We stayed with friends and yesterday the wife and I went down to Kenai to look at some places to live. We had connected with some good folks that are renting us a place so today we take the train of gear down to our new home in Kenai!! If anyone can help unload or knows of some guys that would like to make a few bucks please pass on my number 910-381-8363. It's great to be home!!!! If anyone it thinking of making this trip you are free to call and I would be more than happy to offer some thoughts and 2 cents worth of advice. Once things settle down I will try to offer some of that in better detail for future adventurers. The first thing I noticed many years ago on my first visit to Alaska was the people and I told my wife that I want to move here. Well it's been many years but God opened the door and answered our prayers and the wife is going to be working at he VA clinic in Kenai.
      Glad you made it safe and sound. Enjoy the fall because it's gonna start getting cool here pretty quick. Hope you're ready for it cheechako ...!!!.....lol.
      Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Thanks to all the help and support and encouragement. We are getting ready to leave anchorage and run the 160 miles to our new home. Should be there about 1pm. If anyone is able to help unload it would be greatly appreciate. Just give me a shout at 910-381-8363. Signal will be bad so leave a message. Thanks again,
        Semper Fi and God Bless

Comment

Was the border crossing easier and or cheaper than the ferry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rooster85 View Post
            Was the border crossing easier and or cheaper than the ferry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Little hard to give a fair assessment, but from the research that I came up with the drive was cheaper for me. That said, I had a wagon train of 3 vehicles each towing something. We brought everything including the kitchen sink. It was pretty easy but one thing that I did was cross at a smaller crossing of Nothgate instead of the major crossing in North Dakota.
            Semper Fi and God Bless

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X