Go to Alaska from Sweden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by a1shiva View Post
    He has been out on his property for the last 10 days. Found all his property corners and has been brushing out the lines. Doesn't have any Internet with his phone. He has met with some of his neighbors. Plans on staying out there for 3 or 4 more days and then renting a vehicle to see a little more of Alaska.
    Seems to be very competent. Pretty well prepared with the right gear. Set up his camp and had a fire going very quickly. Shot a grouse for dinner.
    I think the language barrier and just being raised in Sweden caused most of the problems trying to help him in this post. They just do things differently in Sweden. In person he is very sociable and we got a good laugh now and then because of his poor English and my nonexistent Swedish. He is very savy and comfortable out in the woods. I figure most of you would like him if you met him. Property he bought unseen turned out to be very nice and south facing with big spruce, aspen and birch. After seeing the trail in he understood why we thought a 4 wheeler would be best for traveling around and skidding logs.
    Anyway he is alive and well and probably will stay that way.
    Yeah the language thing was pretty rough. Half the time I didn't know what the hell he was talking about. Glad to hear he's a good guy....
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
      Yeah the language thing was pretty rough. Half the time I didn't know what the hell he was talking about. Glad to hear he's a good guy....
      110% Agree.
      I was starting to really think it was jus a troll thread. Glad I was mistaken.

Comment

• Good to hear. Glad to see someone living out their dream, and having it go well. Good communication is key to so many things in life.

Comment

• Thank you for all the help Scott.

Comment

• Nice to see you made it safely!
            Seems you took some advice from here afterall and made it more of a camping vacation then cabin building and living off the land.
            Glad it all worked out well.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
            "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

• I just finished reading this thread all in one go. I hope he comes back and tells us about his adventure. Anyways, I hope everything works out for him. One question i had is why all the effort to come to Alaska, when the Swedish far north is not all that different?

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                I just finished reading this thread all in one go. I hope he comes back and tells us about his adventure. Anyways, I hope everything works out for him. One question i had is why all the effort to come to Alaska, when the Swedish far north is not all that different?
                I suppose that can most likely be summed up with the old adage the grass is always greener.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                  I just finished reading this thread all in one go. I hope he comes back and tells us about his adventure. Anyways, I hope everything works out for him. One question i had is why all the effort to come to Alaska, when the Swedish far north is not all that different?
                  Hello again . Alaska is 3 times larger than Sweden and there are 10,000,000 people in Sweden. 1000000 people in Alaska. In Sweden you can not walk with rifles. All land is private. In Alaska you can go to the wilderness and survive. that's only 10% of the land that is private? . There was graous everywhere I saw. The people were nicer in Alaska and petrol and ammunition were 50% cheaper. I may come back August 22nd and try to build 4 walls 8x12 feet and roof.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/ScUi-yZBlWE.

Comment

• Originally posted by engblom View Post
                      Hello again . Alaska is 3 times larger than Sweden and there are 10,000,000 people in Sweden. 1000000 people in Alaska. In Sweden you can not walk with rifles. All land is private. In Alaska you can go to the wilderness and survive. that's only 10% of the land that is private? . There was graous everywhere I saw. The people were nicer in Alaska and petrol and ammunition were 50% cheaper. I may come back August 22nd and try to build 4 walls 8x12 feet and roof.
                      Thank you for sharing your trip video

Comment

• Glad it went well for you. Those are similar reasons to why I left Virginia.

Comment

• I had my doubts about you at first, but you are living YOUR dream. Well done!

We should all be so lucky.

Comment

• Thank you for checking back in and posting your video. Must've been quite the adventure for you.

Maybe more animals and less underwear next time. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                            I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Comment

• Originally posted by akiceman25 View Post
                              Thank you for checking back in and posting your video. Must've been quite the adventure for you.

Maybe more animals and less underwear next time. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                              Thanks . more animals I want to see / eat next time. I ate bird for 12 days and fish for 3 days in the hayescreek.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/q8d4gmkkx0i:topjob:

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X