Go to Alaska from Sweden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go to Alaska from Sweden

hello all helpers. I've never been to Alaska, but I have bought a small piece of land north of Fairbanks. I'll go over in August stay for about one month, and build small cottage, I want help to buy an old tractor with loader + a cart, so that I can carry the building materials, chainsaw. I want to buy some weapons, but that's not possible. but if I find a gun in the tractor that I can protect myself against the Bears were good.

is there a Swedish-speaking around Fairbanks that I can connect with, that would be great, since my English is not 100%

Comment

there are some old tractors in Fairbanks that costs around $ 2,000. this would be a good fit and a small cart to the + chainsaw + a small sawmill for chainsaw + rope pulley blocks.
      Micael@sparbevakarna.se

Comment

I wouldn't worry about the language barrier to much. There is always a pretty good mix of people from different countries around to help out. Heck I had a gal from Sweden come visit summer before last who occasionally enlightened me with Swedish cuss words that I didn't know the exact meaning of but definitely understood there intent as I must of done something to annoy her. She eventually progressed to mixed Swedish and English which neither one of us knew the exact meaning of but we understood each other. Definitely had some good laughs over it later on.
        $2,000 tractors with front end loaders might be hard to find. Maybe double that occasionally. Everything else is available in Fairbanks. Depending on what area North of Fairbanks you bought property might determine what kind of tractor you need or other type atv to access your property. Give us a better location of your property and I am sure someone on here will know the area and be able to give you a better idea what you need.
        August is usually a rainy month around Fairbanks so can make trails muddy and working in the cold rain takes longer to do things.

Comment

http://www.classifiedny.com/classifi...d_cat/vehicles

Comment

Comment

Comment

I'm going out on Elliott HWY Himalayan road. get driving tractor on Elliott HWY ?? .. Anyone know anyone there in the Himalayas road ??

Comment

it feels better to have a gun with him when to stay in the woods for a month, I have weapons in Sweden but I get the just take them with me in Alaska if I'm going on the shooting competition or have a hunting guide, hunting trip. it would be easier to borrow a rifle of some neighbor who can follow and get meat .i think.

Comment

As a non-US-resident you are restricted from possessing a gun. There are several exemptions to this Federal law.

Getting a St of Ak hunting license could work for you. But you cannot hunt / take any big game animal unless Guided as per Ak law.

https://www.atf.gov/file/61841/download

A3. An alien admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa is not prohibited from purchasing, receiving, or possessing a firearm if the alien falls within one of the following exceptions: (1) is in possession of a hunting license or permit lawfully issued by the Federal Government, a State, or local government, or an Indian tribe federally recognized by the Bureau of Indian Affairs, which is valid and unexpired; (2) was admitted to the United States for lawful hunting or sporting purposes;
                    johnnie laird

Comment

What can I do on my land? .
                      I get to catch small animals to eat?.
                      I get to shoot small animals?.
                      I get cut down dead trees on state land?. can anyone enter my land and hunt and run 4 wheeler?.
                      there are some advantages to own land?.

Comment

I would be careful of buying from that classifieds site. When I contacted someone on it for more information on where I could look at equipment they just kept asking me for information on me.

I have not been out to Hayes creek subdivision in a long time. When I did go the road was good to the oil pipeline but beyond that it was just a trail needing an atv to drive down. The property I looked at back there only had a survey line to it at the time.

Bears in August aren't that much of a problem. Carry bear spray as it works well on moose also. If you shoot a big game animal in self defense you do not get to keep it. You do get to spend many hours salvaging the meat to turn over to the state. Then you may be investigated and have to prove it was shot in self defense. If you are not legally in possession of the firearm you could be charged with a crime and jailed or deported and not allowed to come back to your property. For small game like rabbits and grouse snares or live type traps work well. A friend uses a single pump air rifle with a scope for grouse and rabbits.

Comment

You can do most anything on your land but you still need to follow laws like hunting regulations even if you own the land.
                          You can post no trespassing signs around your property to help keep people out but seems like there are always a few who just ignore them. I doubt anyone is going to get excited about you killing a few rabbits or grouse for food in August. Keep in mind that you are in a subdivision so most of the land next to you is privately owned and not state land. Even if they do not have no trespassing signs up they probably won't be very happy if the catch you cutting any trees on their property. Try to meet your neighbors as they are your best source of information, emergency help and security for your property.

Comment

Originally posted by engblom View Post
                            I'm going out on Elliott HWY Himalayan road. get driving tractor on Elliott HWY ?? .. Anyone know anyone there in the Himalayas road ??
                            I'm guessing you bought property in the Hayes Creek subdivision? If so, you're probably better off with a 4-wheeler or side-by-side.
                            Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

Comment

This quote applies to all three of your links...

None of these pictures were taken of tractors in Alaska. The trees in the background are not Alaskan trees, and the structures don't look like anything I've seen here... Certainly not Anchorage.

I believe that classifiedny is a fake site, and not of actual tractors for sale in Alaska. (I've also never heard of it)

This:

https://fairbanks.craigslist.org/sea...?query=tractor

is a more accurate representation of tractors for sale in Fairbanks and the Anchorage area.
                              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X