Wolves near Wasilla?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolves near Wasilla?

My wife swears she spotted a wolf in the backyard. We butt up against a couple hundred acres of mostly undeveloped land off Pittman. Is this a possibility. I feel pretty skeptical.

I had some wolf tracks at my line on the flats. That's just a hop. skip and a jump from pittman rallier territory for them big ol' dogs.
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Comment

I'm going to look at the tracks when I get home. Lots of loose dogs I'm my hood. It was an interesting text I got from her!

Comment

You won't be able to distinguish unless it's perfect, but they will look like GIANT dog prints. Not a dog print that you would conjure up in thought...

"When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Comment

Yup I have seen em before.

Comment

Could have been a wolf. I seen two wolves a few years ago during a heavy snow fall while I was in the woods with my dog. Just outside Wasilla (KGB area). They were stalking my dog and likely would have got him if I hadn't spotted them creeping up. They appeared like ghosts, but lit out quick when they seen me. I wasn't even calling nor hunting at the time. TS
            sigpic

"AND YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE."

JOHN VIII - XXXII

Comment

She said it was eyeing the Jack Russell and left once she saw it. I am surprised the dogs didn't notice.

Comment

your jack might teach him a little lesson. I'm sure there could be wolfs around pittman. man this is Alaska my friend just got a great photo of a black colored wolf right along the hwy just north of anchorage. floated that middle part of the little sue last fall and around the pittman area saw very big grizz prints so im sure there are wolfs also.

Comment

For sure 100% dog lol. I guess the little lady needs an ID lesson this week.

Comment

Stick a game camera back there....... ;)
                    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                    Bill Hicks

Comment

Hahaha. Well, it's cool that it's even a possibilty.

Comment

I called one in last year, we are about an hour out of wasilla. I see thier tracks around every once in a while.
                        Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Comment

Originally posted by power drifter View Post
                          your jack might teach him a little lesson.
                          The only lesson my female knuckle headed Jackrussel would teach it is that her hind legs are tough and don't have much meat on them, jacks aren't known for making the correct 1st decision. As far as wolves in Wasilla? You can bet your bottom dollar there is. I live by mt baldy and they're thick
                          sigpic

I'm taking a poll
                          <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Comment

Gotta agree with fullbush.... I've seen them around Hatcher's/Willow side of the ridge, I shot one off of the Matanuska river in 09, and I know a guy who saw 5 and trapped two on top of Baldy 2 yrs ago. Their seen around the military bases, eklutna, knik valley, the flats, lil sue, big sue, and out off of KGB. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if their in your yard. Or bears either for that matter...

Comment

Came across one on the Big Su 2 weeks ago. It was feeding on a moose kill.
                              Unfortunately we were leaving the cabin and I decided not to carry the rifle on the ride out.
                              Stopped two other riders to see if they were packing but neither was a hunter....darn lucky wolf!!
                              BK
                              BK Marine Services 232-6399
                              Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
                              Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
                              Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X