Raptor Nests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptor Nests

I'm a bird of prey freak.....anybody know where there are any nests or where you see raptors regularly. Thanks.

There is a bald eagle nest that you can view from pottes marsh. I saw one there on monday. There is one a few miles down the little su from the millers reach put in, too.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

From what I understand raptors use nests for many years so it is likely that the one I used to watch every year as a kid is still there. It was near the corner of Seldon and Wasilla fishhook. Nest was in a tall cottonwood tree and was home to a family of red tails every year. If you are local to that area PM me and I will give you directions, it has been 10 years but it may still be worth a look. You can also walk along Rabbit slough down on the flats. I have seen LOTS of owls there. There are also some eagles and hawks. Along the sloughs there are big cottonwoods which make great nesting sites.

Comment

Peregrine falcons

If you have a raft or canoe and some free time on your hands, you can float the 40 mile river up near chicken. Lots of peregrine falcon nests.

Comment

Osprey nest on the Johnson River bridge between Delta and Tok - been there for at least ten years. Birds using it every year.
          Joe (AK)

Comment

I know where there's an Osprey Nest on Fort Wainwright. Ive seen them there everyyear now for the past 7 years.

Comment

Eagle in Wasilla behind Lowes

Comment

Lots of eagles and more nests this year than I have seen in the last few years on the Big Su/Yentna :-)

Comment

Thanks for the info......any intel on redtail or goshawk nests. Thanks again.

Comment

Merlins

Yo OATS-man,
                    Saw 2 merlins mating in a large spruce tree just east of the intersection of Turnagain St. and Douglas North of Northern lights. Was a couple weeks ago.

-CW

Comment

What kinda nest do you think this is? came across it while fishing on the Arolik River out in western Alaska.
                      Last edited by Nukalpiaq; 08-01-2009, 23:45.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X