Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bkmail
    replied
    We made a pizza fattie last weekend. It was wolfed down before the other food came off the grill.
    Thanks for posting. We'll have to try a breakfast fattie next.
    BK

Leave a comment:

• garnede
    replied
    I found this on another site talking about fatties. http://fattiepistons.blogspot.com/20...are-loved.html
    It is a device to help prevent blow-outs. I like the zip loc bag idea too.

Leave a comment:

• greythorn3
    replied
    yumm yumm yumm bacon makes all the difference!

Leave a comment:

• Albradley
    replied
    Originally posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    To be honest, it pissed me off! Under my weight training and diet I haven't had but maybe 1/2lb of bacon in almost a year! This thing was THE BOMB DIGGITY! OMFRIKKENG! Who ever came up with this is the King! Unreal tasty! Trying real hard to talk my self outta trying another one this weekend!
    Im glad I could share this idea with everyone on here.Heck Im glad i found this recipe its so good I would say its ungodly Delicious.A note to everyone if you havent tried this yet Make sure you do very soon you wont be let down.

Leave a comment:

• AKDSLDOG
    replied
    Originally posted by tailwind View Post
    How did that go dsldog?
    To be honest, it pissed me off! Under my weight training and diet I haven't had but maybe 1/2lb of bacon in almost a year! This thing was THE BOMB DIGGITY! OMFRIKKENG! Who ever came up with this is the King! Unreal tasty! Trying real hard to talk my self outta trying another one this weekend!

Leave a comment:

• tailwind
    replied
    How did that go dsldog?

Leave a comment:

• junkak
    replied
    Wish I had time to do one this morning...

Couple pointers I've learned over the last 3 years..

1- Use thin bacon. Thick will never get crisp unless you have high heat (325ish) but then you risk a blowout.

2 - If you don't like the richness of a full sausage fatty try mixing half moose burger and sausage. Or use all moose burger.
    Alternately if you like it rich split open 1lb of Bratwurst and use in place of sausage.

3 - Put your meat into a one- gallon ziplock. Roll it out with a pin. Cut the bag edges and you have a perfect even square to add goodies.

4 - Bleu cheese flavor seems to exponentially grow while in a smoker. A little goes along way and will melt into everything added.

5 - Use the bacon texture to tell when the fatty is done. Once you poke it with a thermometer it will ooze all the love out. Generally 2.5 to 3 hours at 275ish works well as a general rule.

6 - If you make one and take it to a party then you are forever expected to provide fatties at any gathering.

Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• AKDSLDOG
    replied
    Operation "fattie" just hit the grill! I couldn't stand to see this thread any longer, had to try it! I used: eggs, spinach, provolone, onion, sweet peppers, and mushrooms!

Now, we wait...........

Leave a comment:

• Albradley
    replied
    Thanks for the advice. Breakfast was excellent. Even better than I could have imagined. This will be great for hunt camp.
    Sausage, eggs, potatoes, shrooms, peppers, cheese wrapped in smokey bacon.
    I think I'll have it for lunch, too.
    I set my fattie on tin foil, but in the future I will set it right on the rack. Other than that, it was outstanding! Thanks again for the idea, I had a fun sunday smokin' and drinkin'
    Breakfast is served!
    Im glad you enjoyed it.It is an amazing little addition to any meal.

Leave a comment:

• tailwind
    replied
    Thanks for the advice. Breakfast was excellent. Even better than I could have imagined. This will be great for hunt camp.
    Sausage, eggs, potatoes, shrooms, peppers, cheese wrapped in smokey bacon.
    I think I'll have it for lunch, too.
    I set my fattie on tin foil, but in the future I will set it right on the rack. Other than that, it was outstanding! Thanks again for the idea, I had a fun sunday smokin' and drinkin'
    Breakfast is served!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Albradley
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisS View Post
    Thanks for the ideas. I've got some ground elk meat thawing in the fridge and now. I've also got some bacon, mushrooms, peppers, and swiss cheese in the fridge. I'm thinking I might just have to combine everything into a fattie.
    Wow when i posted this i never imagines even one person would try this.A note to everyone This is a delicious for a snack or meal.I have found slicing it on slapping it on a toasted bun with bacon and more cheese it amazing.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisS
    replied
    Thanks for the ideas. I've got some ground elk meat thawing in the fridge and now. I've also got some bacon, mushrooms, peppers, and swiss cheese in the fridge. I'm thinking I might just have to combine everything into a fattie.

Leave a comment:

• Albradley
    replied
    That looks great.If you need anything else let me know.

Leave a comment:

• tailwind
    replied
    Seems like i'm at about 260-270 and I will smoke it for about 3.5 hours. Like I said no internal thermometer, so just guessing here.
    Here is a pic of it on the grill. I have a new gas grill, so I gutted the old on and threw some charcoal and hickory chips in it. red green style.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Albradley
    replied
    What temp were you at? I have no internal thermometer.

Here is my first attempt. Bacon weave wrapped around sausage filled with eggs, shrooms, peppers and pepper jack cheese. I can't wait to try it. Here it is in my fridge ready to go!

Thanks for the great idea.
    I was doing them at 250 for 4 hours or until the internal temperature hits 160

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X