Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• willphish4food
    replied
    I've had mat valley meats do them for me and its first rate! Now I do my own, and its almost as good but a whole lot cheapter! Now I just smoke everything i can.

Leave a comment:

• hodgeman
    replied
    Delta Meat and Sausage will smoke bear hams and they're absolutely first rate.

Now if the dang bait station will ever thaw out enough...

Leave a comment:

• Vince
    replied
    Originally posted by homerdave View Post
    how good bear ham can be!!!
    just one more reason to take a spring bear AND a fall bear!!!

spring and fall hams....

Dave.. that is 8 more reasons...

Leave a comment:

• homerdave
    replied
    oooh.... i had forgotten..

how good bear ham can be!!!
    just one more reason to take a spring bear AND a fall bear!!!

Leave a comment:

• Vince
    replied
    smoked bear ham is great!!!!

I use a light game bird brine in mine and smoke it at 180, until the internal temp is 160, MMMMMMmmMMMM!

hungrey now.. what was the question?

Leave a comment:

• AkBobby
    started a topic smoked bear ham/pork jerky??

smoked bear ham/pork jerky??

Ok,!! now that I have some peoples att.--"what are you an idiot" etc. I have been gathering recipes for the real Virginia smoked, sugar cured hams. My question to this group is: why can't the same recipes-"rules"- apply to bear hams?? I am very aware of trich.. and am trying to see the differences between curing raw pork and raw bear. As another step, I got to thinking--what whould it take to make pork jerky?? How hot, for how long, etc to take care of the trich worm/cyst etc. haven't read about pork jerky, but "cured hams" were sure part of our heritage!! Our Founding Fathers sure loved Virginia cured hams!!
    I probably should have put this on the fishing forum, as it seems to go more with the "smoking fish" people, but here it is. IF, this has been discussed before, I couldn't find on a search, sorry to repeat. bob n

Footer Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X