Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grilling Salmon/Steelhead

What is the proper way to grill fish?

Our local store just got in some very nice Atlantic Salmon and Chilean Steelhead.

I am concerned about the fish sticking to the grate.
    Visit my site, Guncraft, for exotic wood gun grips.

Altantic Salmon, I think those are words that should be filtered on this Forum. Anyway I like to use the cedar planks on the BBQ, keeps the fish from sticking/burning and great flavor for the plank. Here are some quick instructions: http://www.cedargrilling.com/art.htm

Comment

Originally posted by AKFishOn View Post
      Altantic Salmon, I think those are words that should be filtered on this Forum. Anyway I like to use the cedar planks on the BBQ, keeps the fish from sticking/burning and great flavor for the plank. Here are some quick instructions: http://www.cedargrilling.com/art.htm

LOL, yeah I know, but heck you gotta do what ya gotta do right?

Comment

Originally posted by AKFishOn View Post
        Interesting site...thanks!

Comment

I wrap mine in aluminum foil and close it up. I poke a few holes in it with a knife to let some of the steam out. Easy to cook and no clean up on the grill. Just the other week did some salmon with an orange/ginger marinade. It was particularly flavorful.
          The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Comment

Originally posted by danattherock View Post
            I wrap mine in aluminum foil and close it up. I poke a few holes in it with a knife to let some of the steam out. Easy to cook and no clean up on the grill. Just the other week did some salmon with an orange/ginger marinade. It was particularly flavorful.
            How did you make the marinade or was it store bought?

Comment

It was store bought. Can't remember the brand. But it could be easily put together from what I saw. I prefer the fruit flavored marinades on salmon. Orange/ginger, mango salsa, raspberry chipotle, and similar. I just like the contrast in flavors they provide.
              The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Comment

Salmon on the grill

30 sec to 1 min. flesh side down.
                Flip and grill till done skin side down - time depends on the thickness of the fillet.
                Slide the spatula under the meat, leaving the skins on the grill.
                Flip the burnt skins off the deck, they are always gone by morning

-hiker
                "Happiness is a warm gun - bang bang, shoot shoot!"
                -Lennon/McCartney

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X