This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Substitutions to Firecracker Salmon

This is one of our favorites as well, but one of our daughters is alergic to peanuts, so we substitute olive oil for peanut oil. We also like it a bit more spicy so we use fresh grated ginger and fresh ground pepper flakes.
    Last edited by snowladyak; 08-24-2012, 09:20. Reason: post didn't show with org recipie

Comment

I love salmon recipe and I definitely try them at home. Thanks buddiesroud::topjob:

Comment

17,026 posts on these forums about gunpowder recipes, but only 62 posts in this sticky about salmon recipes.

Comment

Ingredients:

salmon on filet for 2, skin off
          1 red bell pepper
          1 green bell pepper
          1/2 sweet onion
          garlic
          28 oz can of plum tomatoes (San Marzano if you can get them)2 cans of stewed tomatoes would work as a substitute
          olive oil
          rice

make 1 or 2 cups of rice in one saucepan
          cut the whole tomatoes up in pieces, save all the juice

in a large skillet sauté the onion and bell pepper in olive oil
          one they start to soften add the garlic

once soft, move the Veggies to the side, salt and pepper the salmon then Put it in the skillet on high heat to give it a sear.
          after the brief sear add the tomatoes and juice.
          simmer till salmon is cooked to your tase. Serve over rice with the sauce

feel free to add some jalapeños in win the bell peppers or add pepper flake if you like heat.

This also works with halibut

Comment

Some great recipes here!

I wish I could remember the exact recipe - but the very best salmon I've made is a maple/teriyaki grilled salmon. Man was that good. The recipe calls for real maple syrup in addition to the traditional brown sugar/soy sauce/sherry ingredients. Also crushed red pepper and sesame oil. Can't remember the exact ingredients...probably some ginger in there too.

How's that for a recipe? LOL
            Taxidermy IS art!
            www.alaskawildliferugs.com
            Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X