Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chez View Post
    I need to get out and look for them!!!
    Went looking last night in a place near Eagle River where I've had good luck the past three years and came up empty. It's in a cooler area and it's been dry, though, so I'm hopeful that another week should bring some out of the ground.

Comment

Yep. That's kind of been my observation also Brian. I happened to find these in my back yard, but I went and checked out a couple places that burned last year to see if any are popping yet and it appears too early. Now granted, I am morel picking rookie, but one of my good friends who is a morel aficionado told me that he went to his secret honey hole where he regularly gets several pounds, and he got skunked as well. He said it's just been too cold. The ground (soil) temperature needs to pick up a little.
      Attached Files

Comment

tried the burn area from last year by cooper landing. Apparently we were not in the right areas because our friends were able to find a few but we didnt find any. picked a few fiddle heads though. Tried the east side of the road out of the mountains by kelly/peterson lakes and tried the west or north side of the road in the mountains.
        I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
        but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

Originally posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
          tried the burn area from last year by cooper landing. Apparently we were not in the right areas because our friends were able to find a few but we didnt find any. picked a few fiddle heads though. Tried the east side of the road out of the mountains by kelly/peterson lakes and tried the west or north side of the road in the mountains.
          Probably have to start going in deeper along the Sterling. Tons of cars pulled over on the side of the road the last couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrerak View Post

Probably have to start going in deeper along the Sterling. Tons of cars pulled over on the side of the road the last couple weeks.
            That's it for sure. if you can handle the deadfall, if you can get back in a little further you'll find some. My kids have been hammering them!

Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

<br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been getting a few.<br/>Lots of inexperienced or uncaring mushroom hunters out there.<br/>Found a spot earlier and left hundreds of small ones.<br/>Came back a few days later and most all were gone even small ones and we found several that were stepped on and left behind.<br/>My buddy salvaged a few of those.<br/>We heard from the road crew that one section of the burn had 76 cars parked on it on memorial day.<br/><br/><br/>Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk<br/><br/>
                "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
                  Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0644.JPG Views:	0 Size:	57.5 KB ID:	2756219
                  My son and his wife scored today....3 lbs. Then my daughter and her boyfriend went out and picked another 2 lbs. as well. Good eats last night!
                  That's a good haul.

Comment

I had no luck at the kelly/peterson lake burn area. Two people leaving as I arrived had about 6 pounds, I guess they got all of them....

Comment

The easy access areas are gonna get, and have been, hit hard.
                      Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Akhardwater View Post
                        I take all my fireplace ash and dump it in my raspberry patch and I usually get a few dozen every year. I picked eight yesterday so off to a good start. Guess my spot isnít much of a secret anymore.
                        Mainly burning Birch? Or does a little Spruce matter?

Comment

Been finding a few here in the valley. Found both Verpa and Morchella. Both excellent eating.
                          Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
                          "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
                          I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Comment

Found these little guys today. Anybody ever seen them this black before? Anybody know why they are so black?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Another pic
                              Attached Files

Comment

No pictures.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X