What's the blueberry report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the blueberry report?

I heard today that there are blueberries around Flattop. What's the report? Anybody picking yet?

I have been eating them for three weeks. There are a lot of them, they are slightly tart, but delicious.......and free.
    "Essential......to Prepping for Survival, is to be able to segregate, what you think will happen, from what you hope will happen, from what you fear will happen, from what is happening".

Comment

Lots and lots of ripe blueberries on the trails above Anchorage. Best year in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by AKHUNTINFOOL View Post
        Lots and lots of ripe blueberries on the trails above Anchorage. Best year in a long time.
        Not to horn in on your best spots, but we have been here 4 years and have yet to go berry picking. Gotta do everything once to get the experience right? Any suggestions on where to go locally? We have planned a trip up to Hatchers Pass to pick but not sure if they are ripe yet! Appreciate the insights.

Comment

Originally posted by Stone View Post
          Not to horn in on your best spots, but we have been here 4 years and have yet to go berry picking. Gotta do everything once to get the experience right? Any suggestions on where to go locally? We have planned a trip up to Hatchers Pass to pick but not sure if they are ripe yet! Appreciate the insights.
          Got a report from a friend just today that the berries up on Hatcher pass are ripe.
          AKmud
          sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

Thanks a million! Will save a few gallons of gas, though the views are worth the trip!

Comment

I was eating them off the bush out in PWS two weeks ago.. some ripe, some still green.. but the rip ones were wonderful.
              2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Any good picking spots near or north of Sutton?

Originally posted by AKmud View Post
                Got a report from a friend just today that the berries up on Hatcher pass are ripe.
                We're still new to the area and still looking for good blueberry picking sites up along the Glenn north of Palmer. I have been told about picking near Bonnie Lake (mi 83) and around Purinton Creek (mi 90.7). Can anyone comment on the location and access routes for these or other picking spots?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sterlink View Post
                  We're still new to the area and still looking for good blueberry picking sites up along the Glenn north of Palmer. I have been told about picking near Bonnie Lake (mi 83) and around Purinton Creek (mi 90.7). Can anyone comment on the location and access routes for these or other picking spots?

Thanks!
                  Bonnie Lake is marked along the Glenn Hwy, Purinton is accessed from the trailhead parking lot/pull out for both Purinton and Boulder Creeks. I'll be heading further east up the Glenn this weekend and let you know what I find.

Comment

Lots around Eureka, Powerline Pass and Paxson. Some are overripe, many are still green. Denali Hwy sucked for berries of all kinds.

Comment

We gathered just over three gallons in hatchers pass area this evening. Good stuff.

Comment

Thanks Fin. Think we'll make a run tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Fin Chaser View Post
                          We gathered just over three gallons in hatchers pass area this evening. Good stuff.
                          This is the fun kind of grocery shopping...

Comment

Great pics, my favorite way to shop as well, anyone have a blueberry hole that could do with a few less bears??

Comment

anyone have a blueberry hole that could do with a few less bears

I was wondering the same thing or is it still a little early for the bears to move into the berries?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X