Transplanting Raspberries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transplanting Raspberries

Want to transplant raspberries from a neighbors yard to mine. When is the best time of year. Thank you

Originally posted by akatvn View Post
    Want to transplant raspberries from a neighbors yard to mine. When is the best time of year. Thank you
    As soon as the ground thaws out and warms up a little would probably be "best"... altho anytime between breakup and freeze-up would work... I've done it various times throughout a "summer" with good results... You won't get much of a crop the first season, but should do fine by the 2nd season.../John

Comment

What he said, but make sure you keep them watered the first month or so.
      Alex

Comment

Best time is as soon as they come up, at the old location.

Yield is dependent on which species they are, whether you get any berries the first year or not.

Comment

Thanks guys we have a bunch across the street. We picked every night & had great jam. We can take all we want so we got a nice spot for them in the back yard

Comment

Any good places in the valley to find 2 or 3 bushes of raspberries to transplant? i looked all over last summer and couldn't find any. A few salmonberry, but no raspberry.

Comment

Originally posted by AK Explorer View Post
              Any good places in the valley to find 2 or 3 bushes of raspberries to transplant? i looked all over last summer and couldn't find any. A few salmonberry, but no raspberry.
              are you asking for wild raspberries...???? /John

Comment

Yes, wild ones. All I can find are salmonberries and rose hips.

Comment

There was a bunch in the trailer park on Boniface just north of Debarr. They were in the portion where the trailers were removed/demolished a few years back. Wait till the snow is gone and explore the road system left behind and you will find them if you know what you're looking for. A friend showed me them late summer of 08 and the area is still undeveloped!

Comment

Thanks, sierra. If I get into Anchorage, I will try to stop by. Hoping for some in the valley, as I am out in Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by AK Explorer View Post
                      Thanks, sierra. If I get into Anchorage, I will try to stop by. Hoping for some in the valley, as I am out in Houston.
                      Too late, they've bulldozed them!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X