Compact Tractor recomendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compact Tractor recomendations?

So, long story short. The wife is making me buy her a hobby farm in the Valley so she can bring her horse home. Ha, it is of course a cleverly designed ruse to obtain another horse. I jest, we have been talking about this for a while and finally found a place that we both like.

Anyhow, I have arranged to borrow a JD 1025R from a family member for a bit of the summer when we move in. Just to get a taste of tractor life and get some fencing projects done on our new horse property.

I have used this JD a few times and am a longtime JD fan. Of course all of my experience with JD is a much beloved 30yo pushmower that's still cutting grass. And a 20yo snowblower that's still chuckin snow.

So while I'm definitely leaning green, I can't help but look around at the other offers. I've pretty much crossed off Kubota from my list, dealer issues not product honestly.

My question here is really about New Holland Workmaster 25's. Anyone here have one? What do you think? Dealer in Palmer I think carries implements etc. How's the service?

I know White Spruce is carrying Branson tractors. But I'm doubtful that they have any real experience servicing them. And implement compatibility worries me a bit.
    Anyone have any experience with them at all?

I bought a Kubota BX 2601 last spring. I love it. Have a bucket and plow. Made "light" forks that clamp to the bucket and a trailer hitch arm that clamps too. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210116_132811[1].jpg
Views:	632
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	2770528 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200619_144033[1].jpg
Views:	293
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	2770529
    Attached Files

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

some were looking here ..
      Tractor for clearing snow and lifting. - Alaska Outdoors Forums (outdoorsdirectory.com)
      Remember, Mother nature has no forgiveness for stupidity.
      If you don't care where you are, your not lost

Comment

There is a Kubota BX 2601 for sale at Copper Valley sales cycle on FB.

"2018 Kubota B2601 Driven NaN miles
        Kubota B2601 with less that 100 hours on it. Front end loader with bucket and a box blade. Great running and performing tractor, bought for moving logs to my sawmill and maintaining my property and roads by my house. Have moved and no longer have a need to keep it. Brand new a machine with this set up is going to be over $21K, save some money and get one that is hardly used and still in new condition."

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

You can get a Kiote for a whole lot less than a Kabota.
          Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeRoss View Post
            You can get a Kiote for a whole lot less than a Kabota.
            Probably. But he might be looking for a quality machine.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post

Probably. But he might be looking for a quality machine.
              I know several people that have them and are quite satisfied with the quality.
              Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Just giving you a hard time. There is a forum TractorByNet Forums that I have found to be excellent for asking questions about all of the machines, attachments and a plethora of other information.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

I echo Dave's suggestion to check out TBN.

Be sure to get a loader with skidsteer quick attach. That way you can get third-party implement such as forks or a grapple. For rear implements everything will be for the three-point hitch, so again things are standardized so you won't be stuck buying implements from one manufacturer.

Kubota and John Deere are pricier, but you can't really go wrong there. Sort of like how buying IBM used to be. I went with LS, but frankly any of the brands mentioned produce a quality machine. But depending on your needs the degree of dealer support may be your deciding factor.

If you're thinking about a backhoe, get it with the tractor. Also whether a cab is needed. I wish I had opted to spend more for the cab.

Comment

Thanks for all the input. After talking to reps for all the brands that have dealerships here in AK I decided that I just couldn't get the Green paint off my brain. I got several quotes and in the end the JD 1025R was only about $1,000 more. So today I put in an order for a shiny new green tractor. Cross my fingers, if the schedule holds it will be up here around mid July.

Comment

That machine was my second choice, used. But the dealer had too many attachments that went with the deal. I'm sure your going to be happy and congratulations!!

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X