No announcement yet.

Alaska Garden, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That rain was a good thang! My wife just made a couple batches of Zuchinni muffins and they were oh so good! The harvest is going great so far this year. Just the other night we dug up one potato plant and they are already producing sizable tates. Had a good plate of fries and they were so on point it wasnít even funny! Peaked my head in the greenhouse this evening and getting a couple of red tomatoes coming in. Also the cucumbers have been real tasty this year although they look completely different then store bought, they are a white color with no peal,...crazy!

Comment

Tons more zucchini coming in all the time.
      Harvested a little head lettuce and some kohlrabi today as well.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
      "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Kasilofchrisn all that produce is looking great! So nice to be that time of year buddy!

Comment

I just buried about 30 salmon carcasses out back with about 3 wheel barrel loads of soil I scraped up around the property. Hoping for some good topper for next year! Also finding lots of earthworms and earthworm droppings in the soil so itís looking like some good stuff really.

Comment

Originally posted by iyouktug View Post
            Kasilofchrisn all that produce is looking great! So nice to be that time of year buddy!
            That it is! The only problem I'm having is the gardens coming into harvest season earlier than expected.
            This means I'm trying to put up fish and harvest a garden all the while the wild berries are starting to become available and I've got wine that's ready to bottle.
            So much to do so little time.lol

Comment

Originally posted by iyouktug View Post
              I just buried about 30 salmon carcasses out back with about 3 wheel barrel loads of soil I scraped up around the property. Hoping for some good topper for next year! Also finding lots of earthworms and earthworm droppings in the soil so itís looking like some good stuff really.
              Just a tip for you to keep stray dogs or bears from digging up your carcasses is to dig your hole put them in the ground and then sprinkle them with hydrated lime to keep the smell down before covering them back up.
              You may have already done this but if you haven't it's a good recommendation.

Comment

@Kasilofchrisn I appreciate that tip! Hadnít thought about the lime before so Iíll definitely do that next time.

Comment

Big Zucchini

Went away for a few days
                  Zucs kept growing
                  Attached Files

Comment

Brocc & peas :
                    Attached Files

Comment

Peas

Time to freeze some peas
                      Attached Files

Comment

really nice looking peas.. my sugar snaps grew up to 7 - 8 ft then the wind blew them over.. a real mess to sort out now. One row of green peas quit on me.. haven't a clue as to what's wrong. turning yellow and brown at ground level... almost like some one sprayed them with something... got enough raspberries picked, bagged and in freezer to make a batch of wine now..

Comment

For those with an abundance of zucchini here's an idea for you for tomorrow night.lol

Comment

Originally posted by mudbuddy View Post
                            Time to freeze some peas
                            Was

Those peas look real good! Whatís your trick to stand them up like you do? Also are those bush peas or vine?

Comment

Originally posted by mudbuddy View Post
                              Brocc & peas :
                              Well Iíll be doggond that broccoli looks real good, mine really decided to bloom quickly so didnít get a whole lot for some reason. Not sure what I did wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
                                For those with an abundance of zucchini here's an idea for you for tomorrow night.lol

I like that idea! We are currently producing one large Zucchini each week! Been real nice to have but already made zucchini muffins twice.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X