weed control in raspberries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weed control in raspberries

Any recommendations for weed control products I can use in my raspberry patch? It's beginning to get overrun with tall grass and fireweed, but I don't want to put anything on it that will affect the growth of new berry canes.
    "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

Are you growing them organic or with conventional methods?

Comment

I forgot I posed this question 2 years ago...and neglected to reply. I'm still trying to fight the weeds in my raspberry patch. In reply to mad yaker's question, growing with conventional methods. I'm not worried about staying "organic", only worried about keeping the fruit safe to eat, so I'm figuring that whatever I apply probably can't be done once flowering/fruit set happens.

Any suggestions appreciated!
      "Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something." --Ron Swanson

Comment

After weeding them put in a thick layer of grass clippings and as they compost down just add more. It works for mine.

Originally posted by MRFISH View Post
        Any recommendations for weed control products I can use in my raspberry patch? It's beginning to get overrun with tall grass and fireweed, but I don't want to put anything on it that will affect the growth of new berry canes.

Comment

I use oyster shells and it works great and the berries love it.

Comment

I controlled mine with a lawnmower. Sorry, I could not resist, but it's true. LOL

Comment

In the fall, I pile all the leaves from the yard in the raspberry patch. There are no weeds or grass whatsoever in the berry patch, the leaves help keep the ground moist, and they compost themselves over time.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X