X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska Garden planted, update picutres

5-25-11 garden planted pics
    Several seeds starting to sprout: beets, spinach, radishes, peas, turnips
    I use clear plastic to cover the beds until the seeds start sprouting, the extra heat really helps & hold in the moisture also.
    Attached Files

Looking good there!
    If God had intended us to follow recipes,
    He wouldn't have given us grandmothers. ~Linda Henley

Comment

Mudbuddy
      Lookin good there... Thanks for sharing...!

Comment

Grd update pics 6-1-11

Thing starting to grow. all seeds up. I got nervous & double planted the carrots, 2 days later the original seeds sprouted. So I'll have some tinning to do. Getting some spinach to eat. Hunted down a few cut worms in onions & spinach, think I got them all. I'm sure a few more will show up, but the plants will be larger & not go timber when they strike.
        Attached Files

Comment

GRd update pics 6-8-11

Eating some spinach, few small radishes as I thin them.
          Attached Files

Comment

Garden Update pics 6-16-11

Getting lettuce, radishes & spinach (good salads)
            2 zuc blooms, both female so hoping for one plan t bloom a male for pollen. "patience" is over rated
            Attached Files

Comment

6-22-11 update pics

Starting to eat pretty good

Comment

6-29-11 garden update pics

Getting: all salad stuff, 2 lettuce types, onions, spinach, Kale & kohlrabi, several zucs growing fast.
                Cabbage & head lettuce is heading. Hoed potatoes once.
                Attached Files

Comment

MudBuddy
                  I don't believe I've ever seen a garden as weed free as yours... chickweed is a constant battle in my garden... I'm sure roto-tilling adds to the weed problem, so maybe in time I can get converted to raised beds such as yours and be able to better control it and a few other species...

Comment

LOL weed free, I wish. Well the pic may not show it but lots of new weed sprouts started popping up after the last rain.
                    I'ts been pretty dry. I did have the soil between the beds covered last year. I think it reduced the weed seed production.
                    Took them off due to it gave slugs a safe haven & I'd rather have weeds than slugs.

Comment

Update pics 7-6-11

Eating almost everything. Getting zucs, cabbage, lettuce, kohlrabi, onions etc. Broc & cauliflower are heading. Beet doing well. Peas vining but no blooms yet. Outside tomatoes suck.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mudbuddy View Post
                        Eating almost everything. Getting zucs, cabbage, lettuce, kohlrabi, onions etc. Broc & cauliflower are heading. Beet doing well. Peas vining but no blooms yet. Outside tomatoes suck.
                        2 of the three varieties of peas that I planted started blooming on Monday... Got great heads on the Broccoli, b ut nothing on the Cauliflower (yet)... Turnips are the right size for great stews... they need thinning again too... The lady in charge gets home from Texas tomorrow so she'll start vacuum packing and freezing some of this produce... the Radishes did great this year.. some got almost as big as tennis balls, but they've pretty well all bolted now, time to plant the 2nd crop...

Comment

Mudbuddy, did you grow your plants from seed or starters? Looks really good. My garden is coming along, but at a much slower rate than yours.

Comment

Yes. Tomatoes, celery & pansies in March. Garden plants in the GH in April.
                            Lots of work but I did save $$ & learn allot.
                            I mean, what do you do during "break-up" anyway.
                            I got to grow the type & species I wanted to try

Comment

Garden Update pics 7-14-11

Broccoli doing well, will be freezing some soon.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X