Lock your cabin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock your cabin?

Our new recreational cabin is north of Willow on the road system. What's the advice on locking the cabin with a key under the mat, or hiding it well, or using a lock box, or leaving it unlocked?

Thanks,
    Dave

Originally posted by dkjrlj View Post
    Our new recreational cabin is north of Willow on the road system. What's the advice on locking the cabin with a key under the mat, or hiding it well, or using a lock box, or leaving it unlocked?

Thanks,
    Dave
    I would say if your cabin is on a road system, lock it. Nothing keeps a theif out and if they wanna get in, they will. If you have alot of traffic on your road, you may be OK. If you are in a remote area, most people leave the door unlocked for stranded bypassers to use to stay warm. Even a person that is freezing to death will break down a cabin door to stay warm and not die. Kind of a catch 22 question, but anyone will break in if they need to survive. Most vandals will hit the road side easy cabins. Put a sign on your door I guess...INSURED BY SMITH & WESSON..........lol
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Comment

My advice is if its on the road system lock it and keep the key with you, but a cabin off the road system should be unlocked. Heres a story about some folks that found my unlocked cabin when they really needed one.

http://www.homernews.com/stories/012...ws_hcsft.shtml

Comment

The off the road cabin is unlocked, but secured with a heavy board held in place with a piece of all-thread and a nut. It keeps the casual pass-by's (and bears) out but anybody that really needs in can easily spin the nut off with a leatherman or a pair of pliers from their snowmachine tool kit.

Yk

Comment

From all of the stories found I would add a trail cam to the mix.
          Semper Fi and God Bless

Comment

Originally posted by tustumena_lake View Post
            My advice is if its on the road system lock it and keep the key with you, but a cabin off the road system should be unlocked. Heres a story about some folks that found my unlocked cabin when they really needed one.

http://www.homernews.com/stories/012...ws_hcsft.shtml

That's some good karma for you and your camp TL.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X