• Show
Clear All

• Alaskan Movies

Just wanted to see whats out there.
    Find Yourself.

try here

http://www.filminamerica.com/Pacific...est/AK/Movies/

Comment

I worked FX for White Fang,pretty much all shot around Haines with a little bit just above the border
      Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

SOURDOUGH

THIS IS MY ALASKA

ONE MANS WILDERNESS (DICK PRENNOKEI)(SP)

3 Great ones from the past, all great movies. I think you can buy 2 of them on this site in the store, SOURDOUGH is only available in VHS from Amazon.

Comment

Braving Alaska

national geographic.

Comment

If you see any of the main stream films, most are done in BC.
            No amount of education can help those who want to remain permanently ignorant of facts, which includes those whom have been educated.

Comment

Not overtly "Alaskan," (by many definitions) but filmed in part in Petersburg, Ak:
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_Palace_(film)

It's funny though that one that actually is filmed in AK gets this review:
              Ice Palace was a commercial and critical failure. A Ferber biography described it as "glacial at the box office."[2] The New York Times reviewer called it "as false and synthetic a screen saga as has rolled out of a color camera" and "no more authentic than cornstarch snow on a studio set."[
              Science has a rich history of proving itself wrong.

Comment

We didn't use cornstarch we used potatoe buds in 50 # bags and big fans for WhiteFang
                Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

Okay okay okay...
                  Filmed in Alberta, Canada...
                  Regardless... this is my most absolute favorite Alaska Film:

The Edge
                  Anthony Hopkins
                  Alec Baldwin
                  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119051/

This is almost on the same level as 'A River Runs Through It' for me.
                  Lurker.

Comment

I have to agree with AKDSLDOG's choice of the Dick Proenneke's film. I thought it was Alone in the Wilderness, but either way, it is great. I have seen it at least 20 times. When nothing else is on TV, it gets put on.

Comment

"This is My Alaska" is one of the best. My favorite scene is when they load the hunters up onto a dozer and just drive cross country up into the hills - don't see that type of access much anymore

"Motherlode" is a good movie too (with Charleton Heston as lead, who could go wrong?), set in the upper Stikine area. Plane crash, gold mine, crazy old miner (or not???), the works. A little corny at times, but fun to watch all the same.

Comment

Thanks so much for all the posts. I'm going to have to watch all this one long weekend.
                        Find Yourself.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X