HOW to SELL expensive Cabin/Retreat Location...???

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still looking for good ideas.......

Comment

Make sure you are priicing it right.

It's hard to say from the info you have given but it sounds like you might be making a common mistake in valuing your land.

You can't extrapolate and say that because 1 acre sold for a certain price that 5 acres would be 5X that price. It would be true if they were 5 separate one acre plots but not if it is in a larger parcel.

It may very well be worth what you say, I haven't seen it. It does sound like an extremely rare find.

In addition to Cabelas I would recommend Wyn Moser at landinalaska.com as well as Bernie at remoteproperties.com . Remember, you don't have to pay them unless they sell something for you. Just look at your net. They both have access to outside buyers.

If you want to go with Cabelas, you need to contact coastalrealtyalaska.com . Emmit and Mary Trimble are the Cabelas realtors for Alaska. I have talked to them about properties several times and they were very knowledgeable.
      Wasilla Real Estate News
      www.valleymarket.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeak View Post
        Still looking for good ideas.......
        You could keep the property and adopt me.

Dad?

Comment

You can't extrapolate and say that because 1 acre sold for a certain price that 5 acres would be 5X that price. It would be true if they were 5 separate one acre plots but not if it is in a larger parcel.
          Marty is probably right on this. It might be a good idea to have it appraised so you have a better idea of what it's worth. It will also help you when negotiating with potential buyers because the appraisal should come with a list of comparable properties that have recently sold in the area. Has the property already been subdivided?

Comment

I don't mind paying a fee. I am 62 and running out of time. I can only ride this dream about 8 more years. I am rich in land and poor in cash. I may have to just sell one acres lots, they will sell quick, but it will break my heart to do it......

Correct me if I'm wrong here.I really doubt it will break your heart to sell in 1 acre tracks.You will make more money you know that.But splitting it up takes time and money.It is way easier to sell to one person that 10.Is it about the money or the land?If its about the land keep it, if its the money find some one who will invest the time and money to split and do it

Comment

Originally posted by elim View Post
              Correct me if I'm wrong here.I really doubt it will break your heart to sell in 1 acre tracks.You will make more money you know that.But splitting it up takes time and money.It is way easier to sell to one person that 10.Is it about the money or the land?If its about the land keep it, if its the money find some one who will invest the time and money to split and do it
              What will break my heart is to have 7 neighbors on one acre lots. I would rather have one neighbor on a 7.6 acre lot. seven people would see each others cabins, and obscure each others views. One person on the back half (7.6 acres) would never see another cabin, they would own all of the waterfall, and all of the creek frontage.

Why keep all of the land, I am 62, single, and have no children. Better to sell half of the land and use the money to build a barn, and a shop building. As now I live in a 12' X 24' one room skid shack, with not water, and no septic, a outhouse, and it sits on valuable land. In 8 years I'll be 70 years old. I would rather sell 5 acres or 7.6 acres and build a better place for me to live now.

Any ideas.....?

Comment

I am with you.I to would rather have one neighbor than 10.Don't think there is a thing wrong with what you are trying to do.If I were in your shoes I would to the exact same thing.Have you thought of spitting the whole thing and moving else where?It is a lot easier to sell small pieces than larger ones.Get some one to come take a look at it.It won't cost you a dime.

Comment

And by the way 70 is not that old.Split that thing up throw a pile of cash in the bank and enjoy life.

Comment

Originally posted by elim View Post
                    Have you thought of spitting the whole thing and moving else where?It is a lot easier to sell small pieces than larger ones.Get some one to come take a look at it.It won't cost you a dime.
                    Every day I think about moving elsewhere. But after 40 years of flying and guiding all over Alaska. This is one of the most awesome locations in the state. It is a unknown spot on a two lane road to nowhere. There are 7 families in the whole town, 12 year around residents. I get all my untreated drinking water from the creek on the property, and this is the every first property the creek flows to coming out of the Chugach National Forest.

There are black and brown bears on the property in the summer, in the yard most days. Moose, Caribou, Mt.Goats all in the back yard. Last week a pure Black wolf tried to get the turkeys, not eight feet from the back door of my cabin.

Did mention the view, the unobstructed view. And all with in one hour and ten minutes of Los Anchorage. And no neighbors, the only time I see humans is Wednesdays I go into Hope, AK. for church breakfast to be with other humans.

Comment

Every day I think about moving elsewhere. But after 40 years of flying and guiding all over Alaska. This is one of the most awesome locations in the state. It is a unknown spot on a two lane road to nowhere. There are 7 families in the whole town, 12 year around residents. I get all my untreated drinking water from the creek on the property, and this is the every first property the creek flows to coming out of the Chugach National Forest.

There are black and brown bears on the property in the summer, in the yard most days. Moose, Caribou, Mt.Goats all in the back yard. Last week a pure Black wolf tried to get the turkeys, not eight feet from the back door of my cabin.

Did mention the view, the unobstructed view. And all with in one hour and ten minutes of Los Anchorage. And no neighbors, the only time I see humans is Wednesdays I go into Hope, AK. for church breakfast to be with other humans.
                      Sounds pretty nice. you should take some good photos of the creek, view and wildlife and post ads on craigslist. You can try all the major cities to see if there are any takers.
                      Wasilla Real Estate News
                      www.valleymarket.com

Comment

Wow it sounds perfect.Like martyv said list it on craigslist.Pic a town where there is a lot of money.Its free so give it a shot.

Comment

One of the creeks......
                          Attached Files

Comment

WOW

Sorry, I did not answer you question in the last post. 1/2 acre just sold for $35,000.00 and one acre sold this winter for $80,000.-- The upper part is worth about $75,000.-- to $80,000.-- per acre. So around $$350,000.-- to $399,000.-- would be a ballpark.

The Sixmile creek frontage across the road is $242,000.00 per acre. The problem is there is very little private property here in the Chugach National Forest.
                            those $$$ sound alot like kenai waterfront

Comment

sunkawakan

hello,hopeak
                              we are a family of 4,and we are planning to move to ak in summer 09,we are looking for land 5+ ac .to build a log place ,and live from the land ,gardening,fishing,hunting view and water are essential .can we have more details from your place my mail is manubiotech3258@gmail.com
                              tk for your reply

Comment

More info sent, via direct e-mail. Thank you for your interest.......

Comment

Footer Ad Module 300 x 300

Collapse

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X