Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW to SELL expensive Cabin/Retreat Location...???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HOW to SELL expensive Cabin/Retreat Location...???

    How do you find the people who can afford the few remaining, "AWESOME" tracts of rare land, with staggering Views & water frontage, etc.

    The dream property, (Well, yes we all have somewhat different dreams of the perfect property), But how do you find the 1% or 2% who can afford the special tract.

    Yes, 99% of us could not scrape up $10,000.-- cash. But there are people how have millions, even billions, and want that rare, super special property, and can afford it.

    How do you find those people, as a group....? Robb Report?, or some special publication they read, that I don't read.

    The reason I ask, is I Hate the idea of small tracts of land. The whole idea of being rural is to have some space. That said, I need money to build a barn, and a shop building; The obvious answer is sell off some of the land.

    However because Sixmile Creek (World Class Rafting) is across the road, And because one "wealthy" person is buying all the land on the Sixmile Creek side of the road, This has driven price per acre very high. So that I have no choice but to sell off small tracts, which I don't want to do. Or find someone who can afford 5 acres or 7 acres or 10 acres of expensive land that has creek frontage, waterfalls, and sweeping 360* views of Turnagain Arm and Mountains full of viewable game, and joins government land, classified as: "Preservation Watershed".

    I hope I have stated my dilemma clearly. I don't want ten neighbors I want one neighbor.

    Thank you for any ideas.........
    "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

  • #2
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunrise,_Alaska

    How about getting together with another of your neighbors and sharing a building.

    When it comes to land that is over inflated for one reason or another, most will shy away.
    No amount of education can help those who want to remain permanently ignorant of facts, which includes those whom have been educated.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Hopeak View Post
      How do you find the people who can afford the few remaining, "AWESOME" tracts of rare land, with staggering Views & water frontage, etc.

      The dream property, (Well, yes we all have somewhat different dreams of the perfect property), But how do you find the 1% or 2% who can afford the special tract.

      Yes, 99% of us could not scrape up $10,000.-- cash. But there are people how have millions, even billions, and want that rare, super special property, and can afford it.

      How do you find those people, as a group....? Robb Report?, or some special publication they read, that I don't read.

      The reason I ask, is I Hate the idea of small tracts of land. The whole idea of being rural is to have some space. That said, I need money to build a barn, and a shop building; The obvious answer is sell off some of the land.

      However because Sixmile Creek (World Class Rafting) is across the road, And because one "wealthy" person is buying all the land on the Sixmile Creek side of the road, This has driven price per acre very high. So that I have no choice but to sell off small tracts, which I don't want to do. Or find someone who can afford 5 acres or 7 acres or 10 acres of expensive land that has creek frontage, waterfalls, and sweeping 360* views of Turnagain Arm and Mountains full of viewable game, and joins government land, classified as: "Preservation Watershed".

      I hope I have stated my dilemma clearly. I don't want ten neighbors I want one neighbor.

      Thank you for any ideas.........
      Hopeak, so you're living in Sunshine on the farm, but have property in the Hope area too?

      That "eco terrorist" hasn't got you moving out, does he? Or are you planning on selling in Hope to fortify the Sunshine property?

      There's a Realtor, Bernie Volkner(sp?) of Remote Properties that sells land, lodges, commercial property including lodges in Alaska via his website. He's a good enough guy to deal with (I bought some land in Talkeetna from his listings) , but getting a Realtor cuts in to your profit margin. However, he'd be dealing with weeding out the people who have no hope of buying or affording your property.

      The problem you're going to have, is tire kickers, people that don't have money, credit, but have a dream and are looking, but will never qualify for that unique property you're looking to sell. This will gradually get worse as the economy worsens.

      And the tire kickers are the ones that will hound you. They know they can't afford the property, but as long as they keep inquiring about the property, somehow the dream stays alive for them.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by upstream View Post
        The problem you're going to have, is tire kickers, people that don't have money, credit, but have a dream and are looking, but will never qualify for that unique property you're looking to sell. This will gradually get worse as the economy worsens.
        And the tire kickers are the ones that will hound you. They know they can't afford the property, but as long as they keep inquiring about the property, somehow the dream stays alive for them.

        That pretty well nails it......Last year I had three people come look at it, they each offered to buy one acre, if I would sell one acres lots. One guy even came back and brought stakes, and staked out one acre; said I'll take this acre if you'll sell it. But, I need to find one buyer with enough money for five acres or eight acres. There must be some publication that they read.......I hope.....
        "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

        Comment


        • #5
          property

          I don't know if this will help but I found my five acres at Lake Louise on remote properties .com. When it was listed three or four people wanted it but I got it.(first buyer could'nt get the loan thank god) you might try them they have a few big ticket parcels.

          Comment


          • #6
            curious

            Originally posted by Hopeak View Post
            That pretty well nails it......Last year I had three people come look at it, they each offered to buy one acre, if I would sell one acres lots. One guy even came back and brought stakes, and staked out one acre; said I'll take this acre if you'll sell it. But, I need to find one buyer with enough money for five acres or eight acres. There must be some publication that they read.......I hope.....
            what 5 acres of your property would go for???

            Comment


            • #7
              I sent you a PM.
              ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

              "People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
              just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Id.millwright View Post
                what 5 acres of your property would go for???
                I am an "OLD Man", and need to stay on the lower part closer to the Hope Road, so I want to keep the lower half or lower third, till I die or go to the Pioneer Home/Senior Center.

                The back half (7.5 acres) or the back third (5 acres) is the best of the property by far, it has two creeks, and I have been drinking all my water directly from the creeks (no treating or filtering) for 10 years. That part also has the water falls, and the staggering views, and it joins the Government land classified as "Preservation Watershed".

                The problem with the upper part is you need a snow machine in the winter or an ATV in the summer, there is a cleared (Rough) trail up there. The upper part has a 12' X 24' cabin. It is just a dry shell.

                If someone wants a place for raising a family with children, I would suggest the lower or middle 5 acres. It is all good, but it is all different. It is like the hillside in south Anchorage back in the 60's or early 70's, much easier to live on the lower hillside, but "WOW" the view from the upper hillside.
                "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Id.millwright View Post
                  what 5 acres of your property would go for???
                  Sorry, I did not answer you question in the last post. 1/2 acre just sold for $35,000.00 and one acre sold this winter for $80,000.-- The upper part is worth about $75,000.-- to $80,000.-- per acre. So around $$350,000.-- to $399,000.-- would be a ballpark.

                  The Sixmile creek frontage across the road is $242,000.00 per acre. The problem is there is very little private property here in the Chugach National Forest.
                  "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Cabela`s Trophy Properties LLC

                    Might try em they list some exclusiv stuff

                    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/co...equestid=69524

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by anonymous1 View Post
                      Might try em they list some exclusiv stuff

                      http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/co...equestid=69524

                      I think that is the direction I will need to go, is outside marketing. Very good Idea.
                      "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        how to sell land?

                        Maybe put an advert. with photos in a big city paper where there is a hunting tradition and lots of spare cash. Dallas? other oil towns, come to mind.

                        Real estate brokers want a good percentage to list your property. They're pretty hungry right now, might want to negotiate with one and see what % they'll settle for.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by whitewater View Post
                          Maybe put an advert. with photos in a big city paper where there is a hunting tradition and lots of spare cash. Dallas? other oil towns, come to mind.
                          Real estate brokers want a good percentage to list your property. They're pretty hungry right now, might want to negotiate with one and see what % they'll settle for.

                          I don't mind paying a fee. I am 62 and running out of time. I can only ride this dream about 8 more years. I am rich in land and poor in cash. I may have to just sell one acres lots, they will sell quick, but it will break my heart to do it......
                          "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Oops, just caught that you're in Sunrise and not Sunshine.

                            Guess I really should wear the reading glasses.

                            You don't happen to know Thomas the Irishman in Hope do you????

                            I met him last summer and he cracks me up. I could have listened to his stories all day if it had been possible.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by upstream View Post
                              oops, just caught that you're in Sunrise and not Sunshine.
                              I was in Sunshine onetime doing something very, very, very stupid, and came with-in a inch of being killed by a highballing Choo'Choo train with a "V" plow and massive wing blades......:eek:
                              "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

                              Comment

                              Footer Adsense

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X