Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane incinerator toilet

Anybody here have any experience with the above listed units? I have none but am considering moving away from the normal outhouse situation.
    any information would be much appreciated.

Anybody use the propane/electric toilet system?

Comment

Very limited experience, and this is second-hand. I spent a couple days at a remote camp ~15 years ago that used propane-fired incinerator outhouses. As relayed to me by the contractor that stayed at the camp that entire summer, the camp manager had trouble getting the propane system to ignite. When it did finally get burning the smell was awful. No clue as to brand or model.

Comment

Originally posted by ChugiakTinkerer View Post
        Very limited experience, and this is second-hand. I spent a couple days at a remote camp ~15 years ago that used propane-fired incinerator outhouses. As relayed to me by the contractor that stayed at the camp that entire summer, the camp manager had trouble getting the propane system to ignite. When it did finally get burning the smell was awful. No clue as to brand or model.
        ...But at least they're really loud and consume a lot of propane.

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
        I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
        The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

We install DEC approved septic systems. We have replaced a handful of electric Incinolets. Our electric rates push up hard against a half a buck per kWh. Iíve been to a friends house who has one. They make the boys pee off the porch. There is a half - burned ash byproduct left over. One of the homeowners we upgraded stored it in 5 gallon buckets. And just kept storing it. Nasty stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by gbflyer View Post
            There is a half - burned ash byproduct left over. One of the homeowners we upgraded stored it in 5 gallon buckets. And just kept storing it. Nasty stuff.
            Ick! Better to stuff it in the woodstove; at least there it will burn up clean.

I'll take the outhouse option, thank you.

...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
            I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
            The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

In Afghanistan, it's called mixing with diesel in a burn barrel and stay as far away from it as you can get!
              Note to self: Don't argue with idiots, it just beings you down to their level where they overwhelm you with their more extensive experience in being an idiot.... and, you can't fix stupid!

Comment

Even though I was in Vietnam that job was not my favorite. Only had to do it a couple of times.

Patriot Life Member NRA
                Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
                Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

Thank you everyone I have had nothing but bad reviews so far, so I will stay with the old tried and proven outhouse

Comment

We have an Incinolet, 30 amp electric. I have a 2500w champion generator with 30 amp service. There is no odors very easy to dump the ash pan. What little ash there is. If memory serves they burn near 2000 degrees. Beautiful wife prefers to go inside. So do I . We're getting older n softer I guess

Comment

Very limited experience from quite a while back. Things might be better now, but the primary effect of a propane toilet (again, quite a while back) was that I grabbed the shovel and headed out to dig an outhouse hole.......

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X