Off grid range/oven 30. Inch battery ignition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off grid range/oven 30. Inch battery ignition

The only two I can find are the Unique and the premier brands any suggestions other then those two brands.
    thanks in advance

Originally posted by hunter1951 View Post
    The only two I can find are the Unique and the premier brands any suggestions other then those two brands.
    thanks in advance
    Brown, Summit, Peerless, GE Hotpoint...probably others. You gotta dig for them though. Try the search phrases "battery pilot", "battery spark", "battery igniter", "cordless" etc. I installed one for a neighbor last fall, and she reports it works fine and she likes it. It uses AA batteries.
    Last edited by iofthetaiga; 12-28-2020, 14:18.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

[QUOTE=iofthetaiga;n2765317]

Brown, Summit, Peerless, GE Hotpoint...probably others. You gotta dig for them though. Try the search phrases "battery pilot", "battery spark", "battery igniter", "cordless" etc. I installed one for a neighbor last fall, and she reports it works fine and she likes it. It uses AA batteries.[

thanks for the comeback, it seems brown and summit are not sold in Alaska but I am going to look into them, I had never heard of those brand names, GE/Hotpoint no longer offer the battery ignition model,
      peerless is the same as Premier I found a hotpoint model unfortunately both the hotpoint and premier model have very negative reviews mostly concerning the ovens not staying lite.

Comment

GE/Hotpoint no longer offer the battery ignition model.
        Says who? Is that the one you want? If I order one for you do I get a commission?
        Last edited by iofthetaiga; 12-28-2020, 22:51.
        ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
        I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence

Comment

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
          Says who? Is that the one you want? If I order one for you do I get a commission?

well I talked with Home Depot and they said that model was not available, I also talked with GE they also said it was no longer available.but if you know that to not be true
          could you point me in the right direction? Again I would like to thank you for responding.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 13.21.54.png
Views:	359
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	2765350

Comment

Originally posted by iofthetaiga View Post
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 13.21.54.png Views:	0 Size:	152.6 KB ID:	2765350
              thanks for the info, I called they do not stock the unit you supplied information on nor sure it was even available to order, if available they quoted a del.date of sometime in April freight charge est to be able with around 200.00. I will stop by thereto or row to confirm this information. The reviews were kinda sad as well 3.7 out of 5 the biggest complaint was the oven not staying lite amongst other complaints. Oh I just googled hotpoint it is owned by GE, GE no longer offers that model as I mentioned in another post,i will look into it tomorrow again.

Comment

thanks for the info, I called they do not stock the unit you supplied information on nor sure it was even available to order, if available they quoted a del.date of sometime in April freight charge est to be able with around 200.00. I will stop by thereto or row to confirm this information. The reviews were kinda sad as well 3.7 out of 5 the biggest complaint was the oven not staying lite amongst other complaints. Oh I just googled hotpoint it is owned by GE, GE no longer offers that model as I mentioned in another post,i will look into it tomorrow again.
                OK, well, best luck to you. Not sure what to tell you about some drone saying it "may not be available to order". The previous screenshot shows I did everything except actually pay for it for you. I could have one for you from the blue box store in ANC in about a months time. Alternatively, SBS would order one for you, too, but they'll likely cost you more. Bottom line is if you really want a non-AC dependent range, there are many options available and there's nothing stopping you from getting one.

Comment

I bought a Hotpoint from Lowes just over a year ago in Wasilla. It was around $500 and I had to special order it. There were no options and no window in the door either. Color is white, works perfectly.<br/>Bk<br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  BK Marine Services 232-6399
                  Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
                  Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
                  Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Have you called Suburban propane? They have stocked them in the past but no telling today without calling to verify.<br/>Bk<br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    BK Marine Services 232-6399
                    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
                    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
                    Www.bkmarineservices.com

Comment

Curious why you donít like those brands?

Comment

This doesn't exactly answer your question- but, we bought a GE (I think) from HD for offgrid use. I wanted the cheapest (full size), plainest, on electric one that I could get. It was like $500. It's propane with no clock. It DOES have a cord as it's electric ignition. Sometimes we run our gene (honda 2000)- if we don't, I just use a bbq lighter. I prefer to light the oven when power is on tho (it's easy to light w/o power tho). Does not need any power to stay on. We never have the power on when I make the morning coffee, so the lighter works just fine. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by jubilation View Post
                          This doesn't exactly answer your question- but, we bought a GE (I think) from HD for offgrid use. I wanted the cheapest (full size), plainest, on electric one that I could get. It was like $500. It's propane with no clock. It DOES have a cord as it's electric ignition. Sometimes we run our gene (honda 2000)- if we don't, I just use a bbq lighter. I prefer to light the oven when power is on tho (it's easy to light w/o power tho). Does not need any power to stay on. We never have the power on when I make the morning coffee, so the lighter works just fine. Good Luck!
                          That's interesting! I have what sounds like the same range, but as far as I know mine won't let gas flow to the oven without electricity. What process do you use to get your oven lit and keep it going?

Comment

Well I did a lot of research and here is what I found, no GE or hotpoint ranges available this was confirmed by the manufacturer they were discontinued. Brown and summit can be ordered but no support here in Alaska plus shipping is very expensive. Lowell’s sells holiday I believe the 24 inch model the build quality was horrible, I also believe they are manufactured by premier, SBS sells a 24 inch model of premier, again the build quality was horrible, there is a dealer for premier here in anchorage not sure of the build quality of the rest of the premier models but they quoted me over 1000.00 for a 30 inch range with a window in the door. By the way every model I am talking about has the off grid battery ignition. If you research the reviews on these mentioned models the biggest issues are build quality, oven temperature and lighting the oven and keeping it lite. I have owned unique products in the past their build quality is substantially better then anything else I looked at or reviewed and even though they are expensive I believe they are well worth the investment long term.
                            these are my findings and opinions yours may be different.

Comment

If you can’t get the stove you want with battery ignition. Why can’t you use a inverter to power the stove?

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X