Fatal Bear Mauling near Hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal Bear Mauling near Hope

Resident was clearing trails near his home. Didn't come home, but his dog did without him. Family went to search and found him dead from a bear mauling. Hope it isn't one of our members here.
    Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Dan Schilling was my neighbor, friend, outdoorsman, highly skilled hunter and wilderness wanderer. We shared our secret trails, and a chain of meadows that connected our backyards. He is missed.
    Last edited by AGL4now; 07-31-2020, 08:52.
    "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
      I am fine.......likely to the slight disappointment of a few on this forum. Interesting given that I have been clearing land for the new subdivision.
      Glad it wasn't you. Someone's family is certainly grieving right now. Keep those hawg legs close at hand.

Comment

Horrible and tragic loss. Glad you are safe AGL4now.

Comment

AGL4now, glad you are okay. That was the first thing I thought of when I heard of this too. You are well known and respected on this forum and although some of us may or may not always agree with some of the things you say or write, we sure do appreciate your insight, wisdom, and all the great stories you share on the AOD. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and your community.

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
            I am fine.......likely to the slight disappointment of a few on this forum. Interesting given that I have been clearing land for the new subdivision.
            I also thought it may have been you till I heard that man had a wife. No AGL, we didn't hope it was you! As mush as we disagree, I wouldn't wish that on anybody. But I would imagine you knew the man?
            Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Population 12, I was really concerned the odds of this being AGL were pretty good.
              The Second Amendment.......Know it, love it, support it.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGAKSTUFF View Post
                Population 12, I was really concerned the odds of this being AGL were pretty good.
                AGL is too mean and ornery to die at the hands (or paws) of a bear.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGAKSTUFF View Post
                  Especially when they said it was actually in Sunrise....
                  Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X