This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our place....

Here are a few pics of our scabin. By the way, I checked out corykittle.com. Awesome! Nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by martyv View Post
      I sell little ebooklets on the net, www.alaskacabin.net Say you saw it on the Alaska Outdoors Directory and it is free...just send an email.
      Hey Marty, you wouldn't happen to have a brother name Mark would you?

Comment

Bought the place about 12 years ago with the intent of fixing it up. It was in sad shape at the time. It was built in the 70's by a not so skilled owner.

I was never able to get the time off to rescue the place (was in the military), so a couple of winters back, mother nature took her back.

We dropped it this summer. Come spring, I'll work on clean up and start the logistics of the new cabin to be built.

I'm on a ridge north of Talkeetna with a million dollar view.

I'm building in Talkeetna now, so the remote place had to wait.

Ken

Comment

The Cottage

My wife and I had the miraculous luck of buying my parents cabin in Little Tutka Bay (Kachemak Bay) about 4 years ago. It was on a Alaska Mental Health land lease lot and we were able to purchase the lot around the time we bought the building, before the lots jumped to over $100k.

It's a wonderful building and a gorgeous lot with over 600 feet of waterfront. My father always wanted a "Maine hunting lodge" in retirement, but because my mother refused to stay in New England when they retired, he had to settle on property in Alaska. (What a sacrifice!)

My wife and I have done quite a bit of maintenance and upkeep, erosion control, etc. as my parents were unable to really look after the place when they hit their 80's.

Take a look at the galleries on my website, and I'm sure you'll agree: The Cottage is Heaven...

http://www.lavrakas.com/LavPers/default.html
          Cliffhanger
          http://www.farnorthpress.com/

Comment

Cliffhanger, that's a fantastic cabin...I don't know how you leave it.

Upstream...yep, Mark is my brother. I think you know where his cabins are off Buffalo Mine.
            Wasilla Real Estate News
            www.valleymarket.com

Comment

Cliffhanger, that's a fantastic cabin...I don't know how you leave it.

Upstream...yep, Mark is my brother. I think you know where his cabins are off Buffalo Mine.

Yep, your brother's a mess. I love harassing him.

He starts to tell me a story one day by saying,

"So this guy I was with last night"

I interrupted him before he got an further, I told him I just rent a cabin from him and didn't need to know about his personal life.

Comment

Yep...he deserves to be harrassed...I bet that comment went over great. As you know he doesn't swing that way. I would call him a classic redneck.

I actually get a lot of ideas from him. He actually has time to try them out.
                Wasilla Real Estate News
                www.valleymarket.com

Comment

Yep...he deserves to be harrassed...I bet that comment went over great. As you know he doesn't swing that way. I would call him a classic redneck.

I actually get a lot of ideas from him. He actually has time to try them out.
                  I know, I just couldn't let the comment go by without razzing him a bit.

Comment

Hey all first post. I've been working on this little weekend project for about a year now wish I'd found the forum sooner... Having a place to go to sure makes the work weeks go faster.

Comment

Originally posted by trappercreek View Post
                      Hey all first post. I've been working on this little weekend project for about a year now wish I'd found the forum sooner... Having a place to go to sure makes the work weeks go faster.
                      Nice looking place you have!!! It looks well planned and shows real workmanship.

What size is it and does it have a full/1/2 loft?
                      I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                      Bill Hicks

Comment

Thanks dirt it's 16'x20' with a half loft

Comment

We've seen a link to our cabin posted on a few different threads here on this forum, but thought we'd post a picture too! This is our slice of heaven!

Alaska Antler Works

Comment

Our super sweet outhouse!

Alaska Antler Works

Comment

And some inside pictures...

Alaska Antler Works

Comment

Our stairs...and loft...

And how we hang moose meat at the cabin
                                Alaska Antler Works

Comment