• Show
Clear All

• More...

Comment

• Last one

Cabin construction will begin in the spring. Can't wait

Comment

• Originally posted by Teri View Post
        Just completed the most important part of comfortable cabin life. Took the wife out with me, and slapped together the outhouse. This was pre-fabbed in my garage, and put back together on-site
        I bet my crew could fill that up in a couple trips.
        I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
        Bill Hicks

Comment

• This is our new cabin. No windows yet, but it's dry! My kithcne too!

Comment

• Here's our view. And inside of our cabin- my dad cut the center beam & stair risers from spruce logs on his mill. I love the way rough cut lumber looks! We have the windows framed in, we'll install next summer. We put in a door w/ 1/2 light and we will install another this fall along with a window or two to let in some light. I plan to seal the 'spaces' between the plywood this fall also. We're going in a week again. I can hardly stand the wait!!! And we're packin tags! =)

Comment

• Regarding the signage- boys will be boys!

Comment

• Just one more... I would be remiss if I didn't show were it came from. Cleared in 2008, dug post holes, planted posts & been hauling materials as we could since then. (along with saving vacation, kids college grad, $$ & dealing with day to day BS) And built this year. These pix were taken in 2008- our kids & my brothers were 'helping' clear- which lasted about 10 minutes- til the bugs came out. And this is a big tree my man had to remove. Cottonwood.

Comment

• The new land...cabin to come.

Comment

• I joined this site to read all the valuable information that can be found here. I haven't really posted, but just look for and read various post.

I first came to Alaska in 1994 to visit some old family friends that live in the Homer area and have a fishing cabin at Poacher's Cove in Soldotna. I didn't return to Alaska until 2006. Of course being a little older with a different view on things, I fell in love with the area and have been coming back every year since. I still stay with same people, minus her husband who passed away in '01', but she still welcomes my family and I with open arms as my 2 daughters are the closest thing she'll get to having granddaughters.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. In 2009 I bought my own little fishing cabin in Sterling. Here are a few pics from when I bought it to how it looks now. Interior will be finished this spring and power will be brought in mid-summer.

When first purchased,

Comment

• Picked up, turned 90*, moved back about 45' and set on 3 floating foundation slabs.

Comment

• How it looks today.

Lot looking in from street.

Before,

After,

Comment

• Cool roof, trndrvr, where's the rest of it?
                          " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Comment

• Originally posted by cdubbin View Post
                            Cool roof, trndrvr, where's the rest of it?
                            I know. An a-frame wasn't my first choice of cabin, but the price was right. I've even thought of lifting it and putting 8' of wall underneath it, but that's too much. I'm running with what I've got!

Comment

• Here is the latest updates from our little place!
                              "One Last Cast"

Comment

• Cabin on the yentna.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X