Tractor for clearing snow and lifting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kobuk View Post
    I'm curious why you were told not to mount a blower on the rear other than having to go backwards?
    That was from a JD dealer on a specific model. They sell a blower for that unit but in researching that model I saw many PTO seal issues. Maybe the dealer recognized the repair issues. I see many people using a rear blades with a front mounted blower.

Right now I plow from the middle of the driveway out to the edge. In some areas I can plow it. In the channelized area, I blow it up and over with a Honda blower. Blower is so old that the front auger looks like a pretzel. It has had a of of abuse over the years. Starts first or second pull every time.

Patriot Life Member NRA
    Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
    Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

I guess if there are pto shaft seal issues then I would stay away from that model all together! The pto is one of the greatest parts of any tractor. It is hard to beat the quality of honda equipment.

Comment

A grapple bucket works great for moving logs around I have one for my skid steer

Comment

Mind is pretty much made up. Kubota 2601 26 h.p., rear mounted blower (the front mounted one requires you to lay on the ground to make the connections and you can't use the bucket with the blower mount there requiring boom removal too. To much connecting/disconnecting going back and forth) Chains w/tire spacers. Ballast box. Rear blade. Bucket. All for under $25K

The internet is a pretty wonderful thing. You can find all the reviews and videos you want. Not-so-much on this one. Nothing negative. Found out how to do all the attachments. Watched snow removal videos with the bucket, blade and blower. They all have +/-'s There are some easy ways to quick mount a plow to the bucket too so a little summer welding project.

I appreciate all the replies. Next time I drive to NY I'll probably return with the camper full of tractor attachments and no room for me. One year I returned with a spiral staircase in there and ate meals with my knees against my chest.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

The loader arms remove easily from my JD 2032. All the connections are quick connect. Yes, would have to get under to hook up the drive shaft to the pto.
            Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Not trying to change your mind, as I'm a big fan of Kubota orange. I have a 25 hp LS XJ2025 hydrostatic. I don't move a lot of snow so I just use the loader bucket. This tractor is far more capable than its operator. It has quick attach on the loader. Loader lift specs were best for anything in that range that I looked at.

Comment

I requested a quote from LS last week and never heard back.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post
                  I requested a quote from LS last week and never heard back.
                  Was that the LS dealer in Wasilla?

Comment

Originally posted by ChugiakTinkerer View Post
                    Was that the LS dealer in Wasilla?
                    Yes. He just might be away on spring break. Still have not pulled the trigger so maybe he will contact me this week.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

LS Wasilla Tractor Dave

Originally posted by Daveinthebush View Post
                      Yes. He just might be away on spring break. Still have not pulled the trigger so maybe he will contact me this week.
                      I tried to give him my money for a LS last month pretty hard. But after weeks of no return calls or emails I decided that a dealer who wasn't there to take my money wouldn't be there after the sale either. I ended up with the 1025R, loader, backhoe, box blade, 54" blower, forks and quick hitch delivered in the valley for under 30k. Loving the simplicity of the JD connection systems and creature comforts of the 1025.

Tom

Comment

I know this thread is 2 months old but I thought I would put a plug in for Branson tractors and White Spruce Trailers. Excellent quality tractors from Korea. No computer in the tractor. Less expensive. If the new emissions stuff gives you trouble, just cut it off and stick on a muffler and the tractor won't care (or replace it if you don't want to breath the exhaust in).
                        White Spruce out of North Pole has been good to talk to me. They have a branch in Wasilla too.

Comment

Hmm I just bought an xr4140hc from Dave. I never had any issues getting a hold of him.He is very busy so you might have to leave a message. He even returned one of my emails at like 10:30 pm.I found I got the most bang for the buck with Ls. Look at you remote hookups etc.Lots of standard things that are add ons on everyone else. I was looking at a tractor from a company that I used to work for and it was a 35 hp open model. I got a cab and 5 more hp for like 8 grand less....Just my .02 worth. I could not get Craig taylor to even return a phone call.

Comment

I did end up with a Kubota B-2601 with a bucket and a plow, wheel spaces, chains and a ballast box. I bought a 16' car hauler from White Spruce. Picking them both up on the 18th.
                            Last edited by Daveinthebush; 06-08-2020, 09:09.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200619_144033.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	2757591 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200620_135332.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	2757592
                              The tractor finally made it back home. I bought a 9'x16' car hauler to carry it. Ballast box, plow, chains and a bucket. I have already moved 30 yards of bank run gravel to help out the parking area. Built a 8'x18' shed roof to house the machine. In the process of moving another 14' wall back 8' to help with the boat storage area.

Great little machine so far. Uses hardly any fuel. I think it will be a great addition to the home.

Patriot Life Member NRA

Comment

Yeehaw! Looks like Dave is gonna get some Kubota therapy over the holiday weekend.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X