Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AutoCAD: Let me draft and/or help design your cabin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AutoCAD: Let me draft and/or help design your cabin.

If any of you have detailed cabin plans that you'd like drafted up or rough cabin ideas you'd like help fleshing out, please let me know. I'm a licensed civil engineer and I'm trying to get a little more opportunities working on structural/architectural applications. Cabins would be a great opportunity since you usually don't have to pull permits or abide by IBC code. I can draft your plans for you and perform the code checks and load calcs just for my own practice. I'd like to do these for free just to get a chance to work in this area and it's best to not offer professional services in an area where I still need more experience. I'd like to eventually get my structural engineer designation but that's probably a decade out.

If you have a different remote Alaskan project that you might need engineering support for, let me know as well. My day job as an FAA contractor gets me sent out all over Alaska on their dime. If I'm going to be nearby, I like to help out folks if I can. Somebody always seems to need a septic system engineered or a driveway permit pulled.

Send me a PM or email andrewgray416@gmail.com if you have something you'd like me to look at.
    Alaskan expat, civil engineer, FAA consultant.

Wow, that sounds like a great opportunity for someone! Good prints usually equal a quality result, although beware of the learning curve on some programs....one of the places I'm building now, the owners drew up themselves....once I started standing the walls, based on the plan numbers, I ended up with 60" of headroom at the top of the stairs! Oops....back to the drawing board....
    Attached Files
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Comment

Originally posted by cdubbin View Post
      Wow, that sounds like a great opportunity for someone! Good prints usually equal a quality result, although beware of the learning curve on some programs....one of the places I'm building now, the owners drew up themselves....once I started standing the walls, based on the plan numbers, I ended up with 60" of headroom at the top of the stairs! Oops....back to the drawing board....
      So this seem perfect for what I am looking for!! I need someone to draw up a cabin for me and then need to find someone that does remote building? Do you build remote cabins?
      "Nothing worse than a GROUSE!!!"

Comment

Try Friesens Custom Cabins @746-2082 many years of remote building .

Originally posted by Tyin 1 On View Post
        So this seem perfect for what I am looking for!! I need someone to draw up a cabin for me and then need to find someone that does remote building? Do you build remote cabins?

Comment

I build on the southern kenai peninsula, but I'm available to consult on any residential or recreational building anywhere in the state...estimating, planning, design, etc....what's your project?
          " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Comment

Just pick up a lot on Lake Louise and looking to build a cabin on it. 24x28 or maybe little bigger
            "Nothing worse than a GROUSE!!!"

Comment

Just pick up a lot on Lake Louise and looking to build a cabin on it. 24x28 or maybe little bigger
              Ohhhh man that sounds awesome....would love to help out in any capacity, me and the Mrs. fell in love with that place....feel free to shoot me a PM with any relevant details...

Comment

Originally posted by highestview View Post
                If any of you have detailed cabin plans that you'd like drafted up or rough cabin ideas you'd like help fleshing out, please let me know. I'm a licensed civil engineer and I'm trying to get a little more opportunities working on structural/architectural applications. Cabins would be a great opportunity since you usually don't have to pull permits or abide by IBC code. I can draft your plans for you and perform the code checks and load calcs just for my own practice. I'd like to do these for free just to get a chance to work in this area and it's best to not offer professional services in an area where I still need more experience. I'd like to eventually get my structural engineer designation but that's probably a decade out.

If you have a different remote Alaskan project that you might need engineering support for, let me know as well. My day job as an FAA contractor gets me sent out all over Alaska on their dime. If I'm going to be nearby, I like to help out folks if I can. Somebody always seems to need a septic system engineered or a driveway permit pulled.

Send me a PM or email andrewgray416@gmail.com if you have something you'd like me to look at.
                I just sent you an email, I have a small project for you to take a look at if you are interested

Chris

Comment

Sent you a PM. I am currently having a cabin built on my Lake Louise property.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X