No announcement yet.

Portable Air Conditioner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My experience is limited to Norther California, and the desert are of Oregon. swamp coolers also need air movement to bring new air into the space wanting to cool.They work by pusihg air past a matted material that is wet with water. If you only have a big sliding glass door, and keep it closed, the swamp cooler wont have anyplace to push the "cold" air into. When I worked with new seasonal people they would close all the windows and complain that the "air conditioning" was not working. Open a window, get airflow and cool air comes in ( from swamp cooler), room temp drops. Swamp coolers need a water source and electricity.

My understaning of most air conditioners cool mostly the existing air by running it past a cold surface and need things closed up. They need an exhaust for the heat byproduct of the action of the Freon condenser

Comment

Have any of you looked into these new "ductless" heating and cooling units? Mitsubishi claims as much as 40% savings over conventional fuel burning products.
      Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
      Working...
      X