Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone ever nominated land for DNR to sell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone ever nominated land for DNR to sell?

If so what was your experience? I imagine that nominated land has an extremely low success rate. I know that it has to be designated for settlement, how do you find this information?

The lack of decent land in the interior, outside of FNSB, is a little frustrating.

ok...im stupid on some things, what are you talking about

Comment

Originally posted by greenmachine View Post
      ...how do you find this information?
      Contact DNR Land Sales. https://dnr.alaska.gov/mlw/cdn/pdf/f...nominating.pdf
      ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
      I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
      The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

I have a friend that has nominated a section of land. He was told by DNR that its a very long process. Years at best and more like decades. DNR is barely able to keep up with the current programs.

Comment

Originally posted by KantishnaCabin View Post
          I have a friend that has nominated a section of land. He was told by DNR that its a very long process. Years at best and more like decades. DNR is barely able to keep up with the current programs.

Thank you. That is what I had imagined. It may actually work to my favor, though - playing the long game.

Comment

I'm 7 years into the process. No end in sight and about 4K in fees.

Comment

The lands that get designated for settlement are done so through the planning process. The form that iofthetaiga linked to has a link for the area plans: http://dnr.alaska.gov/mlw/planning/areaplans/ Some of the plans are very dated and DNR may be in the process of updating them. That is the opportunity to insert public comments to recommend specific areas for settlement. Since the land is a resource that belong to all Alaskans, its designation for sale is a very public process. But apparently not a quick one.

Comment

I nominated a section of land a few years ago that had previously been sold. It was listed on the state website as "potential reoffer". They responded within a week or so and eventually (maybe another week or two later) informed me that the land was planned for auction in a few years (so maybe this year?). This is one they had already sold a few times before (apparently buyers defaulted), so I can imagine it's a really slow process for something that would most likely be part of a staking program or something.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X