Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

upstairs heat oil vs LPG

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    No issues.
    Bk


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BK Marine Services 232-6399
    Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
    Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
    Www.bkmarineservices.com

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by bkmail View Post
      No issues.
      Bk
      And the price???
      Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

      Comment


      • #18
        Check website for current pricing.
        There are options and different sized hesters as well. Tough to give a blanket price without being specific on what you want.
        Call with questions, fb page has years worth of install pics in all sorts of uses.
        Bk


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        BK Marine Services 232-6399
        Alaskas only Planar diesel heaters dealer, service, warranty, and installation.
        Alaskas only Lonestar drum winch dealer, Whirlwind props, Stinger gearbox, and Alumatech airboats.
        Www.bkmarineservices.com

        Comment


        • #19
          well...I am surprised
          my sons boat that he has owned for a few years ( this will be winter #3)and I have only been involved with this year, has a Planar heater. He said he was surprised with the heat output that it HAD the first year for such a small unit WHEN it would work. It is not working now and no fault to Planar or the supplier, it was a used boat and the maintained, if like other things on this boat were minimal b4 my son got it. He quit trying to use it after a few times. He gave up on it, he does not do much in the winter with the boat, so to him no big deal.

          Im gonna look into why it is not working, look at you tube etc, they seem simple enough from what I have researched when thinking about it for my living quarters.
          I have not even begin to start looking at this particular unit other than looking under the cowling and say to myself...hey I recognize that ( thanks to this thread)
          anyway, like I said, he was impressed with the heat at the time he got it, and the couple times he was able to get it to work, bet its the rotary on off switch or something simple like that.

          when I showed him this thread about heating cabins, he said, yes if working correctly I bet it would heat your place because of the amount of heat it did produce in an open cabin boat....when working

          other than that, it is small and self contained... I kind of like it
          live and learn

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by papabear3 View Post
            well...I am surprised
            my sons boat that he has owned for a few years ( this will be winter #3)and I have only been involved with this year, has a Planar heater. He said he was surprised with the heat output that it HAD the first year for such a small unit WHEN it would work. It is not working now and no fault to Planar or the supplier, it was a used boat and the maintained, if like other things on this boat were minimal b4 my son got it. He quit trying to use it after a few times. He gave up on it, he does not do much in the winter with the boat, so to him no big deal.

            Im gonna look into why it is not working, look at you tube etc, they seem simple enough from what I have researched when thinking about it for my living quarters.
            I have not even begin to start looking at this particular unit other than looking under the cowling and say to myself...hey I recognize that ( thanks to this thread)
            anyway, like I said, he was impressed with the heat at the time he got it, and the couple times he was able to get it to work, bet its the rotary on off switch or something simple like that.

            when I showed him this thread about heating cabins, he said, yes if working correctly I bet it would heat your place because of the amount of heat it did produce in an open cabin boat....when working

            other than that, it is small and self contained... I kind of like it
            live and learn
            What is your son using as a house bank for his boat? It could be that the batteries are shot. These 12 volt appliances can be very voltage sensitive especially at start up. Once they hit 12.2 volts they are at 50% and really should be charged or their life is cut short dramatically.
            sigpicSpending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by spoiled one View Post
              What is your son using as a house bank for his boat? It could be that the batteries are shot. These 12 volt appliances can be very voltage sensitive especially at start up. Once they hit 12.2 volts they are at 50% and really should be charged or their life is cut short dramatically.
              sorry, I have no idea what your talking about
              battery on boat fully charged, I guess so, it runs and the volt meter says all is good and the battery is only a few months old

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by papabear3 View Post
                sorry, I have no idea what your talking about
                battery on boat fully charged, I guess so, it runs and the volt meter says all is good and the battery is only a few months old
                "House bank" refers to the battery(s) dedicated to running your lights, appliances, electronics etc., as opposed to the battery(s) dedicated to just starting the engine(s). Or, you might just have a simple system using only one battery for everything. Regardless, many appliances are voltage sensitive and will not operate if your battery's voltage is below the cut-off level. If your battery is reading below about 13 volts you should be suspicious.
                ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
                The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

                Comment

                Footer Adsense

                Collapse
                Working...
                X