Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"GROCERIES" shipped by U.S. MAIL....ANY Experience..?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, the other thing is that I need to sell the go to town "Tractor" (that gets 9.87 MPG) and buy a normal SUV that gets 23+ MPG.
    ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, it is a delightful place to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

Originally posted by tccak71 View Post
      Lol. Yeah, there aren't enough forums already. What? 200? We should strive for quality forums, not quantity.
      I'm taking about winner's like: AK surfing forum (10 threads) and AK Cruises (0 threads) and others. Non-sensical. The goal seems to be to get to 1,000 forums or something. World forum domination, or something to that effect.

No hijack intended though. Carry on!!

Comment

Or the ask the wildlife trooper forum

I do like the idea of this thread as a sub forum. I really do. It is amazing how many people would benefit for it. When we moved up here, we had no idea what we were getting into. We moved straight from metro ATL to the bush.

Luckily a teacher reached out to us and walked us through the shipping. We also found an internet forum that helped.
        I reach out to all our new teachers, as well as new teachers to the state. AK is just different.

Comment

I would like to see a forum (Maybe not here, maybe elsewhere) that foods and grocery store "Stuff" appropriate for shipping is for sale. Kind of like shopping for #10 cans of MT. House food. Some companies will mix different cans of food in one case, and others only offer a case of all the same.

I get a thing called the "Bush Mailer" about every two weeks that offers some foods.
          ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, it is a delightful place to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
            I would like to see a forum (Maybe not here, maybe elsewhere) that foods and grocery store "Stuff" appropriate for shipping is for sale. Kind of like shopping for #10 cans of MT. House food. Some companies will mix different cans of food in one case, and others only offer a case of all the same.

I get a thing called the "Bush Mailer" about every two weeks that offers some foods.
            don't do the bush mailer stuff. So far, we have found the regular Fred Meyer's, Walmart, and Three Bears as the most cost efficient.

I just placed an order yesterday from Fred Meyers.
            I will pay the same thing anyone else would pay. I get the same discounts using my rewards cards. I get charged 10% of my total bill which is their fee for their boxes, packing supplies, and labor. Then I will get charged shipping, which is a better rate than I get if I mailed myself.
            Boxes will arrive Friday or saturday.

So I save an hour of my time shopping (pay myself my hourly wage and the 10% fee is a great deal for me).
            I've price compared from these other places in the bush mailer. They have a mark-up on their products. Some of them charge 25%. I'll pass.
            Another good thing about the Fred's is that I can order however many I want. I don't have to buy cases. I can get anything that they sell in the store that I can legally ship (No alcohol, flameable products, meat, etc...) but I have gotten them to mail hotdogs and bacon. I accepted responsibility if they went bad.

Comment

I have also talked with VF GRACE about buying wholesale. But you have to have a storefront. This could work with a 20 foot shipping (CONNEX) container.

You might even form a CO-OP....

or a Church based store.

Comment

I have got the best deals buy just calling the company that makes the product you want.
                Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

If I remember the USPS has a weight limit......??? It was 70# back in 1970

Anyone know what it is today.

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
                    If I remember the USPS has a weight limit......??? It was 70# back in 1970

Anyone know what it is today.
                    Still 70 lbs

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X