Northern Sled Works for Freight Sleds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Sled Works for Freight Sleds

I was wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with these sleds.

http://northernsledworks.com

I am planning on hauling out some lumber to my property this winter and I want to pick up a freight sled. I am planning on building a 16 x 20 log cabin. I am wondering how these sleds work for pulling logs and lumber. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I am interested in either the siglin sleds, cross fox sleds, or north slope freighters. Whichever one would work best for the task is what I would like to buy.

They are all over the place and people are copying them. He will make you what you want. I prefer the regular and have a 24' and 36' both 10'.
    Tim

Comment

I bought a pulk from him several years ago. Fantastic quality.
      "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Comment

I have used one of his 10' sleds for three years. Most of the use has been for cabin material hauling.
        Would buy another one as they are well made and great service.

Comment

What part of the country is your cabin site located? What type of terrain are you hauling over?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bend View Post
            What part of the country is your cabin site located? What type of terrain are you hauling over?
            The haul in is nine miles over fairly level ground with a few hills. One of the hills is longish (75 yds) that gets steeper the higher you go. Has a good straight shot for starting so one can get speed up prior to the hill.
            First haul in was 25,000 pounds in 37 loads. Many since then. Made an A frame for windows and sheet goods, a set of blocks to raise the long product above the 'turn-ups' at each end. 8' product sits inside the sled.
            I could pull the sled by hand fully loaded (a short ways)....thats how slick the material is.
            Have also done a Brooks range trip with this sled. LOTS of gear and 30 gals of gas on board. No issues with not enough space. If trail breaking in fresh snow one needed to keep your speed up or break trail with the machine and return for the sled. All depends on snow depth and conditions.
            You want to load the sled heavy in the back to keep the front floating and I would get a longer tongue.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bend View Post
              Pretty close to Lake Louise. The trail in is fairly well-groomed in late winter. Couple moderately steep hills, but nothing too severe. Thanks to everyone for the advice. Sounds like they are a good sled. I think I'll give them a call.

Comment

Yep and they work great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fullfreezer, How wide is the sled with the outhouse on it??

Comment

48" in width

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X