"WANTED" SMALL Wood stove, Very small woodstove, SMALL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "WANTED" SMALL Wood stove, Very small woodstove, SMALL

I am looking for a small woodstove for a very small building (7'X10')........I would like something more solid than a wall tent stove. Most tent stoves are made to be lightweight. I want something about that size but heavier duty for a fixed installation.

Ideas.....suggestions.....?????????
    ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, it is a delightful place to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Have someone make one for you out of inch plate.

Comment

Kind'a something like this: http://www.boutiquecamping.com/produ...stove-kit-p118
      ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, it is a delightful place to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
        Ideas.....suggestions.....?????????
        The Vermont Castings 'Aspen' model is that size. I had one for a number of years and found it to be a very good stove.
        ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
        I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
        The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Cast iron wood stove for boats might be about right. http://www.marinestove.com/sardineinfo.htm
          Also the little stove made by Jotul could work.

Comment

Our Ace hardware sell a small Franklin stove.I think they run about $350. here cast iron.
            Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Comment

I can build one for ya...
              AKmud
              sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

Build a rocket stove from a five gallon bucket and some concrete. Plans are on youtube.
                "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Comment

I wonder if there is a market in Alaska for someone to produce on a small scale (say 10 units at a time) for a small stove like I am wanting. I am thinking maybe it could be based around 10" well casing, maybe 16" long.

Originally posted by AKmud View Post
                  I can build one for ya...

Comment

I would suggest a small gas DV stove, the wood stove chimney will cost more than the stove does.
                    sigpic
                    Sweepint
                    Wasilla,
                    '' Livn' The Dream ''
                    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Comment

They sell a nice small cast iron wood stove for wall tents. I use one in an 8' X 10' wall tent. Ak Tent and Tarp or Sportsman might have one. They are cylindrical with removable legs....

Comment

I was going to suggest something like this http://tallpinesfarm.com/wood/f602cb.html Yotul F 602.
                        But I like the looks of the marine stoves for a small space. Although, considering the temps in Ak. I would
                        rather have a stove that is a little too big and put in less wood than have a stove that is smaller and
                        not be able to add more wood. I guess it also depends on how well the building is insulated and when
                        you will be using the stove.

Comment

Here is one I got off of Amazon I paid a total of 53 bucks total to my door step. It works very well and heats up my 10x10 nice in minus temps. Good luck on your search.

Comment

Your wood storage under the stove looks a little out of place????

Comment

Hey Snow, what are you using for stove pipe?
                              ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
                              I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
                              The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X