Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WANTED..........Wildfire/Forest Fire information source.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED..........Wildfire/Forest Fire information source.

I don't own a TV'thingie or a Radio (other than in the truck).

What is the best source on internet for breaking information on "NEW" and existing Wildfires in Alaska.
    ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, it is a delightful place to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

http://afsmaps.blm.gov/imf/sites/ext/AFSTabsTextBar.jsp
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Fire Websites

http://activefiremaps.fs.fed.us/acti...maps&rCode=aki

http://fire.ak.blm.gov/

Here are a few links you can check out.

Comment

You can sign up for cell phone alerts at the kenai borough web site if you are a borough resident

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
          I don't own a TV'thingie or a Radio (other than in the truck).

What is the best source on internet for breaking information on "NEW" and existing Wildfires in Alaska.
          You have internet you have internet radio and google....
          Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Comment

I don't have a cell phone.........BUT that is exactly what I am wanting. What I am wanting is to know if there is a forest fire near where I live, and to know ASAP.

Originally posted by chumsnagger View Post
            You can sign up for cell phone alerts at the kenai borough web site if you are a borough resident
            ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, it is a delightful place to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

Yeah...I think you should at least have a small am (or am/fm) radio. That internet thingy or yours won't be working to good if we have an earthquake. (nor will the cell phones).

Comment

The borough emergency alerts work with landlines as well

Comment

I can recommend signing up for the KPB alerts- received one today about the FR fire. Pretty slick and I was glad to get the 'official' news.

Comment

Originally posted by AGL4now View Post
                    I don't have a cell phone.........BUT that is exactly what I am wanting. What I am wanting is to know if there is a forest fire near where I live, and to know ASAP.
                    Is the smoke bad in the passes and valleys?
                    sigpic

Release Lake Trout

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X