Pictures of your remote cabin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of your remote cabin

Spring is here, sort of and I thought maybe if people posted pictures of their remote cabin inside/outside whether you live in it or use it for recreational or trapping. Would be a good way to revive this thread, Alaska Cabins and Remote Living, I miss the conversations regarding cabin life and remote living comments, the good ones. If you want to participate, keep it positive please.
    JOHN

My cabin is nothing fancy, but we like it just fine! This picture was taken right around this time of year on a gray rainy April type day, before greenup, muddy trails etc...

Front view, middle of the summer and everything is nice and green

If God had intended us to follow recipes,
    He wouldn't have given us grandmothers. ~Linda Henley

Comment

Better view of the greenhouse...

And a last one of inside...

Comment

Hey Lori, your cabin looks great and comfortable also. I like the burls everywhere. Funny seeing such an Alaskan cabin with solar panels, very special. Thanks
        JOHN

Comment

My cabin after I cut the grass in front.....Click image for larger version

Name:	045.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	2479537Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	2479538My most favorite place in the world. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by northbird1 View Post
            My cabin after I cut the grass in front.....[ATTACH=CONFIG]48750[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]48751[/ATTACH]My most favorite place in the world. :-)

I like it, do you live there full time?
            JOHN

Comment

Originally posted by alaska4ever View Post
              I like it, do you live there full time?
              Not yet.....almost to retirement and then I can.....

Comment

Lori, I love your greenhouse and solar panels. You have such a comfortable-looking home. What sweet dog pictures, too....

Comment

My present cabin...My new one will be half the size

JOHN

Comment

Originally posted by northbird1 View Post
                    Lori, I love your greenhouse and solar panels. You have such a comfortable-looking home. What sweet dog pictures, too....

Ha ha, Thanks northbird1! As to the greenhouse, our other dream besides living in the bush was to set sail for the seven seas, so decided to build the greenhouse in the shape of a bow of a sailboat!

Solar panels, how I love them. They don't work in the middle of winter here, but for the rest of the year they can't be bet!
                    Lori

Comment

I forgot about this little cabin on the Homestead. My friend Dave built it while bring my stuff up. He built this so we will have a place to stay when I am building the main cabin. Much better than a tent.

JOHN

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Grandma View Post
                        Better view of the greenhouse...

And a last one of inside...

Grandma Lori... what do you feed those dog's to stunt their growth like that..??? (: >))
                        Years ago an aunt of mine had a team of those, back in Denver and she "raced" them on some dog sled races they had back then.. I had never seen a dog so huge, and stepped into her back yard (kennel) and this "puppy" stuck his nose in my face and altho he licked my face, the dogs size alarmed me so much I got a couple nicotine stains in my skivvies...

Comment

ha ha, yup those 4 big dogs are still my puppies even though they are now 5 years old!!! The best litter of pups we have ever had! Of course they came from my special lead dog who is half malamute and half Canadian Inuit!

They will take treats so nicely, hardly even slobbering on your fingers. Each will sit side by side patiently and wait to take a turn for a nibblet of whatever I am passing out.

Oh, and they are not picky they can and will eat just about anything LOL

Comment

Lori,

How many watts you got there on your roof?

George

Comment

John, I am not seeing any photos of your cabin....

George

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X