Look what I found in the woods!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what I found in the woods!

Armed with only a camera I sent the Lab over a 5 foot snow berm throwing a snow ball to get a photo of her coming back over straight at the camera. I kept calling her and could see her tail quartering back and forth, ready to take a picture just as she came back over this is what came up! The neibor who wons the land and lets us walk back there said there are quite a few....
    Apparently Im as slow with my camera as I am with a gun.
    Attached Files

It is a GOOD photo of the South end headed North. A very tricky photo to execute. Well Done.
    ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, it is a delightful place to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Comment

Looks like a ringneck. Didn't know you had any up there, although I did see in a recent PF magazine that someone started a chapter in Anchorage. We have a few around here but not enough to warrant a dog. Thanks for the partial picture, recognized it right away.

Comment

Linda, were did you find it? I suspect it was around Mckenzie Point. There is a game farm out there that raises them.

Comment

I know where both game farms are and have seem pheasants as far as 5 miles away by road. I suspect its shorter but not sure what their route would be through eagle and fox infested swamp. I found this somewhat farther away, about 15-20 miles as the crow flys in a secret place I'll be watching for the next few months. I may take them some feed. I met the land owners and they said fine to hunt there. We've seen each other in passing on our walks down a back road to his house. One said they have seen a few every year. They are not in a very good area for normal pheasant forage. Berries, seeds, bugs but snow covered this time of year in the trees. They'd also have to be pretty good at manuvering through the trees, maybe why those feathers are torn up?

Comment

When they are raised in pens that are too small they will pick at each otherís feathers and their tails will start to look pretty tattered. This one looks to have his tail feathers pretty much intact compared to some pen raised birds that I have seen.
            If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
            Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Originally posted by John Abbott View Post
              Linda, were did you find it? I suspect it was around Mckenzie Point. There is a game farm out there that raises them.
              Not any more. My dad works for his son and he doesn't do any phesants any more.
              Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Comment

Falcon Ridge on Pt Mac raises Chuckar and Pheasant, at least 4 dog clubs are counting on it....

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                Working...
                X