German Wire Haired Pups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Wire Haired Pups

If anyone is looking for some good bird dogs.I have a litter of 10 that will be ready after the middle of November. These pups should be excellent hunters, both parents are solid performers in the field. and have wonder-full personalities. Call or PM me if you are interested. Bill @ 907 232 4247

G'day BILLYBOB,

In Sth/east Australia the G.W.P.'s are a very popular Sambar Deer dog.

Probably the MOST popular, and rightly so!

I know other owners who use them on ducks and quail and further north on feral pigs.

My dog is approaching 2yr old in Jan'09 and is going well. He has a wonderful temperament and loves our grandkids, four boys up to 4 1/2 yrs old who are pretty boisterous with him.

I use the dog to point the deer, as the Sambar are absolutely the masters of letting you walk past them without moving.

In the heavier cover they will stay still even when you may be only five metres away. The dog is pretty handy then!

Good luck with your pups, hope they go to hunting owners.

Comment

My 2 cents -- Check wirehairs out

I figured I would chime in since I have two german wirehairs here in Fairbanks now. One is a five month old pup we have had for two weeks and the other is an eight year old rescue from the pound in Idaho that we have had for a year. The are really cool dogs. I like them because they are mellow in the house and can be trained for upland birds, waterfowl, and blood tracking. We just started teaching the older one about skijoring too. I would definitely be interested if this post had come out a bit earlier because shipping the new pup from the L-48 was not cheap.

Comment

What kind of price range are you looking at for these pups? I have a friend who has had several wirehairs and swears by them......might be time for a new addition to the family .
        AKmud
        sigpic

The porcupine is a peaceful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Comment

Sent you a PM

Originally posted by AKmud View Post
          What kind of price range are you looking at for these pups? I have a friend who has had several wirehairs and swears by them......might be time for a new addition to the family .
          AK sent you a PM

Comment

have any left

sent you a PM
            Providing trips for multilpe species for over 20 yrs
            www.kodiakcombos.com

Comment

3 left

Two females and one male left.

Comment

All Gone

Sold them all