Saying Goodbye....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saying Goodbye....

Doesn't get any easier. It seems even more so the older I get. Yesterday morning we had to say goodbye to to the sweetest dog I've ever had. Not a mean bone in his body this one. Never a problem, and gave nothing but joy and love to our family. We're all heartbroken, but as hard as it was, we knew we had to do right by him for all he's given us. "Sunny" shared his life with us for 14 years, and now his body was breaking down. We just couldn't allow him to endure anymore pain, although as strong as he still was, he probably would have powered through who knows how many more attacks just to stay with us. But that would have been selfish of us to let it go on. So he's here with us now up on the hill in the backyard that he used to love to explore. Rest easy now Sunny boy, and thank you for all your unconditional love. We'll always love you and will never forget all you shared with us.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0295.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	2756756 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0423.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	2756755
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0962 (1).jpeg
Views:	235
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	2756758

Comment

Saying good bye to my Yellow was the hardest thing I've ever done. I feel for you.

Patriot Life Member NRA
      Life Member Veterans of Foreign Wars
      Life Member Disabled American Veterans

Comment

My condolences on the loss of a member of your family.

Comment

So sorry to hear about your loss. I have Australian Cattle Dogs and compete in herding trials with them but they are more importantly, friends. Had to have my best friend put down two years ago June 30. I still miss that special red boy.
          Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Comment

Sorry. They really are family. We have a 6mo yellow right now. Love him to death. We would loan him out long term until hes about 5 though

Comment

Originally posted by gbflyer View Post
              .....Love him to death.....
              And that's just it....in a nutshell. Then the really hard part is that you continue to love them even after they're gone! And yes, they are so much a part of the family. You watch them grow up with your kids. They share their happiness, and their sorrows, and are just always there for them. It's a very hard thing to understand the fact that we can have that much capacity to love an animal like we do. I guess they just bring it out in us because of the unconditional love they give us. I've been through a few dogs in my life, but this is a really tough one. Maybe it's just because of the fact that I'm so much older now? Hard to say.

Thank you all for your kind words....

Comment

<br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ha! I know we have a couple pics of Sunny sleeping like that too!

Comment

Man that stinks. I sure do feel for you.

Comment

Welling up a little here. Dogs are the best friends.
                      Hunt Ethically. Respect the Environment.

Comment

Congratulations on having him in your life as a treasured family member for 14 years. A celebration of a life well-lived is in order.

Comment

Tough days, I just last month had to put to rest my friend of 16+ years.... Glad you were able to be his best friend when he needed you most. Can't write more, too much dust in the room all of a sudden <br/><br/>Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk<br/><br/>

Comment

Originally posted by greyinggrayling View Post
                            Congratulations on having him in your life as a treasured family member for 14 years. A celebration of a life well-lived is in order.
                            Indeed ! And yes,14 years was a good run for sure. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by idbuckaroo View Post
                              Tough days, I just last month had to put to rest my friend of 16+ years.... Glad you were able to be his best friend when he needed you most. Can't write more, too much dust in the room all of a sudden <br/><br/>Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk<br/><br/>
                              I'm doing everything I can to make my heart believe that I was his best friend when he needed me most. But it's still not making it any easier. I hear ya brother, tough days indeed. So very sorry for your loss as well, and yes it gets dusty in here too.....
                              Last edited by 4merguide; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X