Chessy looking for a new home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmokeRoss View Post
    I've had a few Chesapeakes. Wonderful, smart, and very loyal dogs. Does this one have papers?
    Yes. Vame from Washington. Blue skies Chesapeaks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 4merguide View Post
      Was wondering why you have to let him go.....maybe because you're gonna have a kid pretty soon? I'm sure I'd love to have him as I've had my eye's/ears out for another hunting dog. But I still have a, going on 14 year old male yellow lab that is still hangin' in there. Would hate for him to have to deal with a mean dog (towards him) for whatever time he has left.
      Yes tbat?might be a problem. I have another 10 yr old lab female and he does intimidate her growls.

Comment

I’ve had 2 of them. They were bred to work hard and protect the pile of market hunted waterfowl they collected that day. That’s just what they do. The pile of birds they were bred to guard can mean just about anything. In our case of the last one it was our first son. A few years later when the second son came she protected the first one from the second as well as the rest of us. She bit the baby and turned on me one day and got a trip to the woods. Hated to do it, great dog just unable to adapt to the new situation.

Excellent animal in the right situation. Nothing more loyal or hard working. Hope you find the right home for him.

Comment

Originally posted by gbflyer View Post
          I’ve had 2 of them. They were bred to work hard and protect the pile of market hunted waterfowl they collected that day. That’s just what they do. The pile of birds they were bred to guard can mean just about anything. In our case of the last one it was our first son. A few years later when the second son came she protected the first one from the second as well as the rest of us. She bit the baby and turned on me one day and got a trip to the woods. Hated to do it, great dog just unable to adapt to the new situation.

Excellent animal in the right situation. Nothing more loyal or hard working. Hope you find the right home for him.
          Thank you. I have put a ton of trainkng into this dog. He is great with me. Follows me everywhere but he will not let anyone around me. Will not let anyone into my truck and im the only one who can feed him. Very protective and possessive of one person only. He has never bit anyone one but can take that chance with the grandkids.

Comment

Originally posted by cblaney View Post
            I have a three yr. Old chessy looking for a new home. Great hunting dog. Has completed junior akc hunt title.

Update

With great regret that we were unable to find suitable home for this dog and he has since gone to the great marsh in the sky.

Comment

So very sorry for your loss, we recently were able to adopt a 1 year old Lab under somewhat similar circumstances. So far he is proving to be a fine dog. I hope to never be in your position. I grieve with you...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by idbuckaroo View Post
                So very sorry for your loss, we recently were able to adopt a 1 year old Lab under somewhat similar circumstances. So far he is proving to be a fine dog. I hope to never be in your position. I grieve with you...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                Thank you

Comment

Sorry to hear that news also.
                  Man elderly lady friend of mine has a ‘show style’ golden retriever that is too much for her to handle as she has some health problems to deal with. The dog is one year old and I would love to find a good home for the dog to relieve her burden. She used to train dogs but this is just a handful for her at this time.
                  Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine! :whistle:
                  WWG1WGA! QANON

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X