Any one hunt with hounds up here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one hunt with hounds up here?

Well I'm just looking for a little advice on hounds up here.My dad ran them down in California for years but never up here.Just found two walker pups that I get in a few weeks,hopefully they will make my lynx pelt stack a little bigger!

Originally posted by Kotton View Post
    Well I'm just looking for a little advice on hounds up here.My dad ran them down in California for years but never up here.Just found two walker pups that I get in a few weeks,hopefully they will make my lynx pelt stack a little bigger!
    Read page 19...upper right column...of the Alaska hunting regs...

Comment

All I have heard of is guys running bears with a permit. I think the cats though there is too much snow and will just bog the dogs down. I had a guy talking about petioning f&g to hunt cats with but don't think it ever materialized
      Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
      "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
      Μολών λαβέ

Comment

You can use em' to hunt rabbit or flush birds. They work great. Not sure about fox or lynx and I don't have the regs handy.
        "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Comment

Small game, and a permit on BLACK bears....no cats. I went through this with F&G already.
          "If I could shoot a game bird and still not hurt it, the way I can take a trout on a fly and release it, I doubt if I would kill another one." George Bird Evans

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
          Working...
          X