Spring is here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring is here

I just saw my first flock of geese flying over Ship Creek today!!!!!
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

This morning

I saw my the first flock of Gulls. When they arrive you know its spring!

Comment

well -

I just saw a gull following a flock of 9 geese flew right over gate C6 at the airport......

Comment

I was just down by Huffman and saw probably 10 different pairs flying at different times. It got my blood pumping. I was in AIT all last season so I haven't even pulled the trigger since 2007.
        Originally posted by AGL4now
        Discovered that prayer helps sometimes. Also what a penis sheath looks like a few inches from my forehead.

Comment

Flock of about 100 lessers today in the field by the north end of Palmer airport.

Plus the handful of Cottonwood Creek/Nugen's Ranch ducks that showed up from time to time throughout the winter.

Time to get my layout boat project done.

Also, anyone want to get rid of some mallard dekes ? Looking for about 6 good 'uns to fill out my spread.

HH

Comment

Cranes & snow geese moving through Wrangell this weekend...always a good sign that winter's grip is loosening.

The old timers say that the hummingbirds ride on the backs of the cranes for their spring migration north.:rolleyes:

Comment

I JUST SAW MY FAT FRIEND IN SPANDIX..........:eek:
              BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

Comment

I saw a lesser today w/ a collar. I'm pumped.
                Originally posted by AGL4now
                Discovered that prayer helps sometimes. Also what a penis sheath looks like a few inches from my forehead.

Comment

Just saw six swans fly over Palmer airport. Also saw about 100 snow geese mixed in with the lessers in the hayfield.

Comment

I saw about 2 dozen snows fly over the house last night. I miss hunting those!

Comment

Here in Wisconsin, we've had Canadas and snows moving through in the tens of thousands. Really gets me going.
                      sigpic

www.outwriteoutdoors.com

Comment

Snows

There were about 50 snows over Potters Marsh yesterday and yes, I can tell a snow from seagull....

Comment

I rode Jim creek yesterday and saw lots of pairs of mallards scattered throughout!! Also hear some lessers
                          I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

Comment

Yup

Ducks and geese on the Kenai flats - I didn't see any snows. Also, belugas and minkes in the mouth of the river. Must be some hoolies, capelin, or herring milling about. A guy could probably troll up a king off Ninilchik by now. Redoubt blew a smoke ring, too. Nice night for a walk on the North beach.

Comment

Yeah I saw alot of activity this weekend down in Kenai, with mallards, and pintails, also some flocks of geese on the flats. There were also two coyotes out there catching mice. I also saw the whales some were coming and chasing fish right out of the water onto the bank and would lay their heads on the bank at low water. Looked like it was herring. I also had to geese lock up and land next to me while I was doing a stream assessment here in anhorage yesterday.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X