strange band on brant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange band on brant

I shot a brant today that had a band through the webbing of his foot. It was a tiny band that said 317 on one side and YR04 on the other. Has anyone ever seen bands put on through the webbing of a bird before? I do not even know who to call this one in to.

Post up a pic if you got one. I can't help though I've never seen that type of band.

Comment

I will

I will get a pic of it tomorrow, I gave the bird to an elder in town and totally forgot about the band, I need to stop over there tomorrow and pick it up.

Comment

Odd bands

fisherman222,
        I've seen/heard of these bands before. They're called web tags, and I think a lot of them go un-noticed, and they aren't very common at all! Check out this website for more information on waterfowl markers...
        http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/BBL/homepage/aboutaux.htm
        The main markings used on waterfowl are the federal leg bands, but there are also neck collars, nasal tags, web tags, and wing tags out there.
        Congratulations on a very rare bag!
        -Mike

Comment

Probably looks something like this...
          Best way to report the band is to call the classic number: 1-800-327-BAND (2263). They'll either take your information and send you a certificate or direct you where to report it.
          Attached Files

Comment

exactly

Thanks for finding that photo, that is exactly the type of band it is. I will call it in on Tuesday.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
            Working...
            X