Maud boat launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maud boat launch

Anyone know whats going on out at maud? The entire launch is blocked off by concrete blocks.
    Attached Files
    The perils of duck hunting are great - especially for the duck. Walter Cronkite

The launch is on native land. Apparently the recent burned out car and garbage was the straw that broke the camel's back and they shut it down. That's the rumor on facebook anyway. With that kind of behavior out there it was only a matter of time before this happened. We might need to start petitioning the state to build a launch on state land, or people will have to access from Jim Creek.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Comment

This is tremendously disappointing. Another unfortunate example of a select few that ruin access for others. Im not a facebooker. Anyone know of any groups or clubs advocating for access? Airboaters, moose hunters, fishing enthusiast clubs? Im already fashioning a letter to state rep. Anyone have any other ideas for trying to regain access to this area?

Comment

some of the guys on the Alaska duck hunters facebook page have contacted the state reps, and other groups. The more letters they get the better though.
        Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
        "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
        I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Comment

Originally posted by akdodger View Post
          This is tremendously disappointing. Another unfortunate example of a select few that ruin access for others. Im not a facebooker. Anyone know of any groups or clubs advocating for access? Airboaters, moose hunters, fishing enthusiast clubs? Im already fashioning a letter to state rep. Anyone have any other ideas for trying to regain access to this area?

Alaska waterfowl association obviously
          Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Comment

I dont think the select few are so few anymore

Comment

TRUE...........And it will continue to get worse at an accelerating rate. As I have watched happen for the last 49 years.

Originally posted by Bear View Post
              "Life Is Either a Daring Adventure or Nothing" - Helen Keller

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                And I bet one of them drags off a barrier, and enters.

Comment

guess people will have to work a little hard to hunt in that area, carry canoes down the hill or come up from the knik...i see some good duck hunting in the future out there this year for the people who want to work for it.
                  I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
                  but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

Talked to the KPUA manager and he said that the 17(B) easement is just for the road 30ft to each side of the center line, and the historic state access easement down to the lake was never part of the ANSCA conveyance.

It is private property and the Eklutna folks have had enough. However, there has been over 50 years of public trespass access at this location, so a good well funded lawyer filing a class action could open it up under the OR mining law tresspass rules that the State was created with.

Comment

Originally posted by AK Ray View Post
                      Talked to the KPUA manager and he said that the 17(B) easement is just for the road 30ft to each side of the center line, and the historic state access easement down to the lake was never part of the ANSCA conveyance.

It is private property and the Eklutna folks have had enough. However, there has been over 50 years of public trespass access at this location, so a good well funded lawyer filing a class action could open it up under the OR mining law tresspass rules that the State was created with.
                      And that could be in the legal system for 15 years. They could build a large condominium project on the Lake in that time frame.

Comment

It would seem that the effort to prevent the undesirables has also excluded those that routinely care for and clean up the area. It is a shame that the efforts that the state has made to clean up he area by building a free firing range have not been matched by the native corp. I would assume that the decrease in state trooper presence has emboldened those that wish to trash the area. Has there been any suggestion of video surveillance to identify the bad guys? What about a gate with access made available to those that wish to use the area appropriately? I would pay a permit fee.

Comment

Just trying to keep this in everyone's mind. Anybody know any new information? A month and change till go time...

Comment

Happy New Year to all of you fowl people. Has anyone heard anything new regarding access to Mud Lake? I'm wondering if there's any reason to be optimistic that the boat launce may open for next season? Anyone from AWA have any updates?

Comment

All good questions, my guess is that launch will remain closed. Would be good to hear from some AWA members if they have any updates.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X