Maud boat launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 323 View Post
    Its private property.. state troopers will tell you the same thing.. by your logic we should be able to trespass on peoples land to access lakes, rivers and creeks. where were you when phuc ktards we're destroying that area? I'm also guessing you haven't read about the big improvements taking place out their this yr starting in April..
    What big improvements are you referring to?
    “The perils of duck hunting are great - especially for the duck.” Walter Cronkite

Comment

Originally posted by akdodger View Post
      What big improvements are you referring to?
      probably talking about the jim lake launch improvements. People are just going to have to work a little harder to hunt the areas they hunted before. There is nobody to be mad at other then the few individuals who ruined it for the rest of the people. You can still use the mud lake launch. Its easy, just get a trespass permit from eklutna. People carried their boats down on opener last year. I hiked down my paddle board and we all shot ducks. Thats one of the things that makes us good hunters, we have the ability to adapt to changes and make things work.
      I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
      but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Comment

I’m guessing some of these folks have never portaged a boatat duck lake?? Now that is one hell of a portage and I did it with a 15 footerand 20 horse motor. From what I read AWAis going to work on a portage out of Jim Lake to access the other lakes. You caneither be part of solution, help AWA with this portion of the project. But I’msure some folks will find something to Bi tch about regardless. But will reapthe benefits from the few volunteers trying to make access better for everyone.But hey that’s usually how it goes anyhow.. For you guys wth20 foot boats where are you hunting now? You sure in the heck aren't hunting Duck Lake.

Comment

Please post here when help is needed for the improvements at Jim Lake. I am more than willing to help.
          “The perils of duck hunting are great - especially for the duck.” Walter Cronkite

Comment

Any update on this? I drew the cow tag in the area and am trying to figure out my options for access to Jim creek in an 1852 jet boat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mwood93 View Post
              Any update on this? I drew the cow tag in the area and am trying to figure out my options for access to Jim creek in an 1852 jet boat.

Launch into the Knik at the new highway bridge, or maybe the old highway bridge and then motor up to Jim Creek and into the hunt area from there. There is a lot of grass in the creek so running a jet is a pretty fun time. The lakes are filled with weeds as well.

Comment

Darn, I was hoping to avoid that since I've gotten stuck pretty bad in the Jim creek flats not even trying to get into the creek. Any tips on finding the channel?

Comment

Originally posted by mwood93 View Post
                  Darn, I was hoping to avoid that since I've gotten stuck pretty bad in the Jim creek flats not even trying to get into the creek. Any tips on finding the channel?

I do not have any info on how to cross the flats down stream of the creek. You can haul a boat all the way into the creek mouth and launch there, but it can get muddy and you might need help getting out.

I know that the AWA facebook post from back in June states that the improvements for Jim Lake access will be finished by August. However, without a wench your boat will be difficult to drag over the portage and into the creek.

Comment

Thanks I'll have to do some scouting on truck access to the mouth. I've never drove or ridden out there, just in a boat. I do have a come along that might help with the portage, but I'm also unfamiliar with what that would entai.

Comment

Originally posted by AK Ray View Post
                      I do not have any info on how to cross the flats down stream of the creek. You can haul a boat all the way into the creek mouth and launch there, but it can get muddy and you might need help getting out.

I know that the AWA facebook post from back in June states that the improvements for Jim Lake access will be finished by August. However, without a wench your boat will be difficult to drag over the portage and into the creek.
                      You might have to drag the wench, too!

Comment

I have accessed Maud lake from the mouth of Jim Creek and from Jim Lake with a Coleman Scanoe and a 2 hp motor and also with the Coleman and a home built 3 hp mud motor. Also I have been in a hover craft to Swan lake and could have easily accessed Maud lake and Jim lake as well. It can be done but probably not with your average duck boat.

Comment

https://www.frontiersman.com/sports/...edcb5805f.html

Update on the road project.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how this effects all aspects of the area!

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X