Any recent duck hunting success?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any recent duck hunting success?

I want to head out duck hunting this weekend near Anchorage, but wanted to know if birds are still around/if water is still open. Any thoughts?

I'm out of town but wondering if anybody has made the slog out to the tide line on the ACWR for some pass shooting? It may or may not be worth it. Take a dog or be very, very careful with the mud.

Comment

From Anchorage to Kenai I've seen plenty of ducks around the last few days.
      Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Comment

Hit Rivers. Everything else is locked up. If you can find a spring or small huntable area there will be birds. For the most part they are gone south. Time to hit the salt..
        President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
        http://akwaterfowl.com
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
        AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
        Gen.1:26
        And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Duckhunter01. Are any of the coastal marshes/flats still productive? That is the habitat I was hoping to hit.

Comment

Pretty sure all of the marshes are all froze up around Anchorage. Haven't been out on ACWR since the snow, but Potter's Marsh is froze solid, haven't seen any birds around it. Went down to give 20 mile a shot on Friday, but there was a ~2' snowbank blocking the boat ramp from plowing the turn off, so I just turned around.

Comment

Harleys

Limit of harlequin
              Attached Files
              Quality Counts @ Dahlberg's Taxidermy

Comment

Hoytguy...thatís not fair...trips to Cold Bay donít count as recent open water and huntable ducks around here..lol but nice pictures..

managed to pick up a nice Harly this past weekend. Working on pretty cool scene with a handful of them. definitely be a eye catcher.
                President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
                http://akwaterfowl.com
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
                AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
                Gen.1:26
                And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Comment

I shot a hen mallard and 3 gw teal this morning behind my house in the creek. Was suprised to see teal this late.. But they were teal not making the migration this year
                  Quality Counts @ Dahlberg's Taxidermy

Comment

I live near the Palmer Hay Flats, and have been seeing ducks everyday this week on the way home from work.

Comment

I had some luck but not nearly the hunting we have had the last couple of years. Many of the areas that used to be very productive for me, were completely submerged. Did anyone else have this issue in the interior. We got so much rain it was unreal for fairbanks. I managaed to bag enough for the occasional gumbo though

Comment

Been getting a drake mallard here and there the past couple weeks most resent yesterday out here in the valley still a little decoy shy

Comment

where did you get your harlequin decoys at

Comment

Hunted today seen a lot of birds but set up wrong so didn't do much shooting. Hoping to close out the season tomorrow with a good shoot

Comment

Tony good luck to you wish I was going
                              Is it opening day of duck season yet
                              Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X