Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK.airboater
    replied
    just got back from west side cook inlet. hunted tues thru thurs. its amazing how a area so full of life can be so void of life in one week. 200 or so geese still around my area but not following there normal flight paths to the mud flats and sitting ..
    they stayed back in the swamp or pot holes and lofted there. picking up and flying short distance and going back down . got four flocks to come in over three days and took 4 birds. should have had more if I could shot worth a s--t. by thurs I only saw 18 geese all day and called it. nice end to the season for me and the dogs.

Leave a comment:

• akdodger
    replied
    Originally posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
    Your not Being a negative nancy?. There always has to be some body trying to be a hero and pick some one apart. That's the worst thing a out forums is you have all these wannabe fish and game homies trying to call people out. There are alot of assumptions people like to make it. Really it gets ridiculous. Just like the dude that found the dead ducks by the blind earlier this year. He bad mouths the person with the blind and puts them in the blind to rot. Except the owner of the blind was t even hunting. So now he comes back to rotten ducks in his blind because of an assumption.

And FYI canvasbacks ring bills blue bills red heads golden eyes and buffleheads are divers and are counted towards the same limit as mallards widgeons and pintails so that assumption you made doesn't matter about "shooting divers". Sea ducks would be a different story

Sent while partying

Alaska swamp man pro staff

**** Kwack.. I wanst trying to impersonate fur and feathers... or "pick anyone apart," just asking a question as I have a trip planned in which our days afield would certainly exceet our limit quota if the shooting is good. Asking questions and recieving answers is part of a forum... and part of conserving the resources we all love to utilize. I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers... defensive much?

Leave a comment:

• bkbaker
    replied
    I would kill to shoot some kind of a limit today.

Leave a comment:

• Birdstrike
    replied
    Your not Being a negative nancy?. There always has to be some body trying to be a hero and pick some one apart. That's the worst thing a out forums is you have all these wannabe fish and game homies trying to call people out. There are alot of assumptions people like to make it. Really it gets ridiculous. Just like the dude that found the dead ducks by the blind earlier this year. He bad mouths the person with the blind and puts them in the blind to rot. Except the owner of the blind was t even hunting. So now he comes back to rotten ducks in his blind because of an assumption.

Hey Kwackkilincrew:

I'm the "dude" that called out the jackarse(s) for shooting and leaving dead ducks around the blind. Maybe the guy that built the blind wasn't there on the opener but I'm quite sure it was someone he knew. One doesn't build a new blind, not hunt it on the first day, and just have some random hunter stumble across it in the dark on the opener. I think that message was passed on to the right people and hopefully will prevent it from happening again.

I've also talked to hunters that were shooting well before (30 mins) LST. Maybe I shouldn't have "assumed" they were clueless and maybe just that their watches were set to the wrong time zone? We are the first line of defense in policing ourselves so that more restrictions aren't placed on us....especially on the ACWR and the Hayflats. If you are not willing to educate fellow hunters when they stray than stay out of the way of those of us are willing to give back and protect the sport we love.

Wasn't it last year, or the year prior, that the FWS was writing tickets over on the duck flats for hunters being over the possession limit?

Leave a comment:

• skybust
    replied
    Hell dont know about the rest of you but my family eats the ducks as fast as I can shoot them LOL

Leave a comment:

• DAllen
    replied
    and a family of four can put a pretty good hurting on a limit of ducks.......and the family loves their duck. Even the two teenage girls. We make duck in all sorts of ways....sort of like the Forrest Gump approach (actually, that was Bubba wasn't it?)......duck kabobs, duck gumbo, duck schnitzel, duck reubans, corned duck, duck soup, duck and cabbage, duck delight...........getting hungry just thinking about it.

Leave a comment:

• kwackkillncrew
    replied
    Who all heading out to get some green this weekend

Originally posted by akdodger View Post
    Not trying to be a negative nancy but how did you get around the possession restriction? 8 per day, 24 in possession. You must have been shooting divers too or eating a whole lot of duck? Unless I'm mistaken, breasted and in the cooler or freezer still counts as in possession. Someone please tell me I'm wrong and that I misread the regs.

And FYI canvasbacks ring bills blue bills red heads golden eyes and buffleheads are divers and are counted towards the same limit as mallards widgeons and pintails so that assumption you made doesn't matter about "shooting divers". Sea ducks would be a different story

Sent while partying

Alaska swamp man pro staff

Leave a comment:

• miller
    replied
    Originally posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    Same with fish. Once its frozen it out of your possession. The 24 in possession is so that when you are camping you don't have to constantly haul out 8 ducks a day. There are some rules for transport but I don't know them in detail because I typically only hunt 1 day at a time.
    Duckman is right - possession includes all birds in your freezer as well as those in camp, etc. It also includes processed items like jerky and brats, if you look at the strictest definition of the regs.

The possession rules for ducks are very different from fish, so don't get caught assuming they are the same.

Leave a comment:

• Halohandler
    replied
    Good Morning Boys and Girls,

2014 - 2015 Migratory Bird Hunting Regulations
    FIELD POSSESSION You may not possess or transport more than the daily bag limit while
    in the field, or while returning from the field to your vehicle, camp,
    etc. (50 CFR 20.35). You may retain up to stated possession limits of migratory birds in camps, primary residences, principal means of
    transportation (automobile), processing facilities, post offices, and
    common carriers.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• AK DUCKMAN
    replied
    Originally posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    Same with fish. Once its frozen it out of your possession. The 24 in possession is so that when you are camping you don't have to constantly haul out 8 ducks a day. There are some rules for transport but I don't know them in detail because I typically only hunt 1 day at a time.
    I think the Feds would disagree with you. But go ahead call them maybe you'll get a different answer.

Leave a comment:

• c6 batmobile
    replied
    Originally posted by akdodger View Post
    Not trying to be a negative nancy but how did you get around the possession restriction? 8 per day, 24 in possession. You must have been shooting divers too or eating a whole lot of duck? Unless I'm mistaken, breasted and in the cooler or freezer still counts as in possession. Someone please tell me I'm wrong and that I misread the regs.

Leave a comment:

• akdodger
    replied
    Originally posted by DAllen View Post
    Hunted all last week. Found a spot way out on the Little Su flats that was full of mallards. Havent seen that kind of shooting in a long time. Limits of mallards (mostly) 6 days straight.

Leave a comment:

• 4merguide
    replied
    Originally posted by DAllen View Post
    Havent seen that kind of shooting in a long time. Limits of mallards (mostly) 6 days straight.
    Did I read that right.......limits for 6 days in a row...??? Just you or a friend too....???

I wanna hunt with you.....!!!..........lol

Congrats...!!!

Leave a comment:

• BMhunts
    replied
    Heck yeah Dallen! Good shootin'!

Leave a comment:

• skybust
    replied
    Very nice congrats must of been alot of fun

Leave a comment:

Footer Adsense