Palmer Hay Flats / Geese?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palmer Hay Flats / Geese?

Hello all! Has anyone seen any geese down on the flats yet? Heard a flock yesterday and saw a group of swans. Man it was foggy as heck out there!

You must go a different place I do. I've never seen geese down there. It's all marsh down where I go (off Hay Field), and geese tend to like grassier places. In any case, I haven't been there this year at all, so I really don't have anything constructive to add anyway... sorry
    My signature is awesome.

Comment

Heard some the other night. Only big birds I saw were cranes, the hight those birds were didn't stop the shooting, all left in the same groups they arrived in.

Comment

Thanks GR. We hunt south of the Knik bridge across from the flats. Have seen plenty of geese in the past just not yet this year. Headed out this am.

Comment

Originally posted by HFT_AK View Post
          Thanks GR. We hunt south of the Knik bridge across from the flats. Have seen plenty of geese in the past just not yet this year. Headed out this am.
          How was it today. I was going to go out but the wife decided not to.

Comment

Think Im going to set up on the river this year again south of the bridge and give it another try. Maybe find a sand bar or oxbow down there. Tried the river downstream of the bridge last year, just could never get to where they were flying by to see the decoys. played the move left/right game on them for a few days and never connected. one day..it will happen.
            President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
            http://akwaterfowl.com
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
            AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
            Gen.1:26
            And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Comment

Lots of birds out there today! Mallards and Widgeon. Saw two flocks of geese. Finally found where the birds are hanging out and will try putting a hurting on them come Thursday.

Comment

Lots of birds out there today! Mallards and Widgeon. Saw two flocks of geese. Finally found where the birds are hanging out and will try putting a hurting on them come Thursday.
                Hey I'm off Thursday and Friday maybe I'll see you out in the field.

Comment

Not Palmer, I missed these, not my birds but.... Psyched!!

Comment

Well yesterday we saw 1 flock of geese and a bunch of teal and pintail.
                    bkbaker, that is totally what we are after!
                    jrhunter, how did you guys make out?

Comment

Well yesterday we saw 1 flock of geese and a bunch of teal and pintail.
                      bkbaker, that is totally what we are after!
                      jrhunter, how did you guys make out?
                      Had to do some stuff for work so we couldn't*now it out, I was pretty upset but I'm goin try for Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning hunt.

Comment

I've yet to score a goose in the flats. I know of a few lucky people who have. Gotta figure out a better spot to try and find one at.
                        Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Comment

Comment

very nice baker. did you have a goose spread set? or flag and call? what call are you working?

Comment

2 dz shells, thank you duckhunter01, a flag, and my megaphone of a call. Goosezilla

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X