Decoy weights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decoy weights

I can make lead weights for your decoys if anybody is in need of some. I can pour 2,3,4,5,6 oz & 16 oz "blank sinkers".
    Give me a shout if you are interested. There will be a small fee, but way cheaper than buying any kind of fishing or decoy weight from the stores.

Price ranges for weights? I'm gonna set up a jerk line and probably need some extra wweighs definitely interested

Comment

What size are you looking for your jerk string? I would assume with a jerk line you want heavy. The heaviest I can make is 1 lb. I can probably do something heavier, it just wouldn't come from a mold. I would find something to pour it into.

I have a bunch of these pour, I just need to sit down and pull off extra lead.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by FarouT18 View Post
        What size are you looking for your jerk string? I would assume with a jerk line you want heavy. The heaviest I can make is 1 lb. I can probably do something heavier, it just wouldn't come from a mold. I would find something to pour it into.

I have a bunch of these pour, I just need to sit down and pull off extra lead.
        Man those sure do have a lot of flashing. Check your mold faces for a bit of lead stuck somewhere.
        Your mold definetly has issues that need fixing. It looks like an old reading mold or maybe a Penn sports mold?
        I make all my own decoy weights but the only ones that I use bank sinkers on are my deeks rubber decoys.
        I bought the J weight mold and I really like it. I make my own stretchy cords with hog rings and black Bungee cord.
        I tried the texas rig with egg sinkers and didn't care for it.
        I am guessing the best way to use these bank sinkers is a variation of the Texas rig?
        "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Nothing wrong with mold. It's good, clean lead. No slag or other metals in it. I bought lead bricks, I didn't melt down tire weights that give it that sure grey color.

I am am going to buy more molds and making more lead weights and jigs. The stores sell lead for ridicious prices. I want to make it easier for the average guy who hunts and fishes easier to get geared up.

I have used a variation of the Texas rig with the blank sinkers, but I find that just tying my decoy line with a snap at the end is the easiest for me. I just take the weights off. It also makes it nice because sometimes I need to use more weight in moving water or high wind areas.

Comment

I have a bunch of cannon ball sinkers that can be easily melted down if anybody interested in buying some. Bud 240 4090
            Wasilla

Comment

Originally posted by akblackdawg View Post
              I have a bunch of cannon ball sinkers that can be easily melted down if anybody interested in buying some. Bud 240 4090
              If you need decoy weights I do lead trades for finished sinkers.
              J weights,egg sinkers for Texas rigs,strap weights,bank sinkers,or even surfcast sinkers of various designs.
              "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
              Working...
              X