anybody selling any old decoys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody selling any old decoys

This is the first year I'm gonna go out without a seasoned water fowler I've gone one season but always used others mojos and decoy spreads but it's time for me to start my own collection looking for old or decent condition that your willing to sell. I live in the wasilla area just ccreated an account and love the threads about everyone's duck boats and modifications and waterfowl talk.

wish I could help you gave them away just the other day to JR hunter. Im sure someone on here will have some to sell. Welcome to the cite.
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Comment

You can find some on CL but often they are priced as high as the new ones, have to look for the deals, best deals in mid winter. Bud
      Wasilla

Comment

Bass pro is having a sale on decoys and ammo not sure how long it lasts tho

Comment

Thanks man ill have to check that out!

Comment

I have some extra (brand new, not old) crane decoys I'll sell if you are interested.

Comment

hit me up after the season. I might spare a few dozen
              President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
              http://akwaterfowl.com
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
              AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
              Gen.1:26
              And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Comment

I'll take you up on that !

Comment

Thanks man but I'm just a ducks and geese kinda guy I don't know enough about cranes or target them to utilize them. But I appreciate the offer.

Comment

Yeah, I am too. After having the opportunity to shoot at them (but not down them) for the last few years I bought decoys, call, and 3 1/2" BB that flies at 1650fps. I just picked up more than I need. I've been told by people who have killed Sandhills that they are absolutely delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by FarouT18 View Post
                      I have some extra (brand new, not old) crane decoys I'll sell if you are interested.
                      Would the crane decoys may make good confidence decoys for ducks and geese?
                      My dad has a pair of sandhills right behind his house just like last year. Wish he would let me shoot them and cook em up.
                      Where are you at and what is your asking price?
                      "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

Yeah, they make good confidence decoys. I've used them at my family's duck club in CA (can't hunt cranes there) along with coot decoys to help bring in ducks and geese. Along the lines of confidence decoys, swan decoys work pretty good up
                        here.
                        I'm in anchorage.
                        If I could kill those two sandhill cranes in your dad's backyard, legally, I would give them give you two decoys!
                        Sandhill cranes are on my bucket list...... And swans, but I need to fly out to western AK for those.

Comment

Originally posted by FarouT18 View Post
                          Yeah, they make good confidence decoys. I've used them at my family's duck club in CA (can't hunt cranes there) along with coot decoys to help bring in ducks and geese. Along the lines of confidence decoys, swan decoys work pretty good up
                          here.
                          I'm in anchorage.
                          If I could kill those two sandhill cranes in your dad's backyard, legally, I would give them give you two decoys!
                          Sandhill cranes are on my bucket list...... And swans, but I need to fly out to western AK for those.
                          Legally? Yes he lives in Kasilof on private property.
                          But he doesn't want me shooting them so I'm sure you are out of luck.
                          Lots of ducks behind his house also. Mallards and Teal as well as a few others sometimes.
                          It would be a hot spot if I could shoot there. The grass floods and the ducks eat all the clover etc. that floods out each fall.
                          "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Comment

I say legally because I didn't know if he lived in city limits or not.

I have actually seen a lot of ducks,geese, and cranes down there when I have been dipnetting. It has always made me want to go down scout it out and try to kill some birds.
                            One of the places I hunt is flooded grass. The birds love it.

Comment

Footer Adsense

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X